Karna's Birth

"Remember the last time you asked for daan?" he smiled at me.
"Yeah, I ended up living with you for years and made you my Sakha." I smiled back.
"Why did you visit me, Sakhi, at such an early sunrise?"
"I wanted to tell you something, Karna."
"Are you going to tell me that you are going support your Aarya and his brother at this war?" he chuckled.
"It's okay, Dhaksha. You don't have to worry about me."
"Karna, do you realise that you are on the wrong side?"   I asked him.

He took a deep breath and faced back to the bright Surya Bhagavan.

"Do you know why I'm here, Dhaksha?" he asked me.
"Why are you here, Sakha?"
"My mind is swaying. My heart feels heavy. Every time, I feel perplexed, I come here to look at Surya Bhagavan. All my worries go away, just like that. But now, it feels like he's neglecting my prayers, Dhaksha." he turned back at me.
"Because what you are doing isn't right, Karna."
"What do you mean?" he narrowed his eyes. "Standing beside my friend, Duryodhana,  who gave me respect and power when I was mocked by the Pandavas. Is it wrong? Going against your Aarya who has mocked me and my birth. Is that wrong? They called me Sutaputra and laughed at me, Dhaksha."

"I'll apologize to you for whatever my brothers and my Aarya did. I'll put my heads down on your feet and apologize, Karna." I bend down.

"Dhaksha, Stop it." he stopped me and pulled me back up. "Why are you doing this, Sakhi?"
"I want you on my side, Sakha." I started sobbing.

"Dhaksha, please don't cry. I hate it when you cry." he held my shoulders.
"I can't watch you being on the other side. You are supposed to stand with us, Karna."
"What do you mean? You don't care about your Sakha? All you care about is protecting your Pandavas and everyone. That's why you are trying to do this?"
"Trust me, Karna. I'm trying to protect you. I beg you, please listen to me."
"So even you doubt my skills? Even you think
I'd die on the battlefield?" he moved away.

"No, Karna. You're known to be the greatest warrior of Mahabharata in Kali Yuga." I shouted.
"What? Kali Yuga? What do you mean?" he exclaimed.

"This is my last chance to pursue Karna to our side. I have to do this."
"At your own risk, Dhaksha," Kanha replied.

"I'm not from this Yug, Sakha. I've travelled time from Kali Yug to Dvapara Yug." I walked close.

"I'm from the future, Karna. I've seen everything. I know everything that has happened. I know what happened in the Kurukshetra war."

"Are you lying to me, Dhaksha?" he asked.
"You were recognised as a most powerful warrior of all. You were said to be the indestructible warrior."

"What are you talking about?"
"Yeah, Karna. My brother Krishna who is said to be the incarnation of Lord Vishnu travelled time and brought me here. I was known to be the incarnation of the Goddess Parvati born at Kali Yug. He said that I was sent here for a reason, to change the fate of Mahabharata. I'm trying to find the reason."

"Dhaksha, are you telling me the truth?" he asked.
"Yeah, Karna. The first person I met here at Dvapara Yug was you, my Sakha. You showed me what true friendship was. You gave away all your punya for my children. You did everything you could to prove your true friendship to me. Do you think I'll let you go easily?"

"Sakhi, why do you have to say all this and put me in more difficulty? I can't take in all these."

"You have to know the truth, Karna. That's why I'm here. I fell on my brother's feet and begged him to use the power of the future and save you."

"You don't have to save me, Dhaksha. I don't need anyone to save me."
"What has happened to you, Sakha? Why are you being so stubborn? Why can't you listen? Why can't you just stay by my side?" I kneeled and sobbed.