Always in my heart

Dhaksha's pov

Vrushali and Supriya didn't take in Sudama's death well.  The whole family was devastated.

"Don't worry, Karna. Our Sudama is in a better place now.
I'm not a good husband or a good father. I let my son die." He stammered while crying.
"You are a good husband and an excellent father, Karna. God was the one who decided to our Sudama from us. Let's just accept the fate, Sakha." I held his shoulder.
"Why me, Dhaksha? I'm the one to suffer all the time. I've been good to others my entire life. I helped a lot to many people. I did a lot of good deeds. I followed nothing but Dharma. But what did I get?" he asked.

"Karna, will you listen to your Sakhi? Go and stay beside your wife. She needs you the most now. A mother's devastation of losing her child is the worst, Sakha. You've to be there for her and make her feel better. If you are like this, who would take care of her?"
"You are right, Dhaksha. I hope my son is at peace. And he's happy." he looked up at the sky.
"Trust me. He's in peace." I smiled at him.
"Thank you so much, Sakhi." he held both my hands.
"Alright. Now go and look after your Patni." I smiled back at him.

Karna's pov

"Vasudeva Krishna has arrived." the soldier made the announcement.
"Krishna?"

"Greetings, Vasudeva. Are you here to take Dhaksha back to her home?"
"This is also her home, Angaraj. She has told me a lot about you. This home means a lot to her. I would have to thank Mata Radha for taking care of her. Also you, Angaraj who taught her archery so well." Vasudeva said.

"Oh, is it? Good to hear, Vasudeva." I replied.
"Kanha na? Is that you?" Dhaksha came running.
"Slow down, Dhaksha." he laughed at her.
"Did you miss this Dhaksha?" she crossed her hands.
"Dwaraka was at peace without you. Why would I miss you? I just came here to pick you up because your Bhabhi missed you." he replied.
"Send Vasudeva back to his place, Sakha. I'm not going home."
"Such a beautiful relationship. I've always wondered about having sisters and brothers of my own. "

"Alright. I do miss you, Dhaksha. Pack your things." he replied.
"I would miss Dhaksha a lot. She's been there for me. When she left her brother and even forgot the fact that she was a Rajkumari to Dwaraka came down and tended to my son in Swayamvara. That's when I know Kshatriya with good hearts exists."

"Don't worry, Karna. She'll come back one day." Vasudeva said.
"Sakha, thank you so much for taking care of me." Dhaksha smiled at me.
"Why do you have to thank me and draw a line between us?"

Dhaksha's pov

Karna stood smiling at me and waving his hands.

"I wouldn't get a friendship like this. Even in Kali Yuga."
"See you soon, Karna" I waved back.
"How is everyone at Dwaraka? What about my Pradyumna?" I turned to Kanha na
"Dwaraka is in peace without you, dear!" he replied.
"Even I was at peace without you, dear!" I replied.
He laughed back at me.

"Alright, We are heading to Indraprastha. You haven't seen Draupadi after her Swayamvara because of the fight. She's married to"

"All five Pandavas. I know, Kanha na." I finished.

I was still processing the fact that Arjuna got married even though I had read it many times in books. This time felt different.

We reached the beautiful city of Indraprastha. It was a utopia indeed. They had wide roads and lush green gardens.

When I finally entered the palace, that's when I was shocked. The things I only read in books. I saw it with my very own eyes. The royal palace was known as the Hall of Illusions. They had reflective crystal floors, which looked like water pools. They were entirely built with gems and crystals. It was indeed a brilliance of beauty and structure.

I walked inside lost in the beauty of the palace.

"Who are you?" I heard someone shout.

I turned to see Bheem na rushing from inside with his Gada in his hands.

"Is he always in the mood to tear people apart?"

"Well, I am-"
"Wait, are you the new cook who makes laddoos?" he pointed to the bags in my hands.

"How did he know that I had laddoos inside?"
"No no-"
"Let me taste the laddoos. Give them to me." he snatched the bag.
"Books did not lie about the fact that Bheem loved Laddoos and he eats a lot."

"Wow. They taste so good. From now on you going to make laddoos for me every day. Got it?"
"Wait, Rajkumar Bheem," I replied.
"Do you make any other sweets?" He asked me.
"You either eat or kill people with your Gada. You have no other thoughts than this?" Nakul walked to us.
"Why would you tease him, Nakula? Bheem na thoughts are always about food. He can't do anything." Sahadev held Bheem's shoulders.
"I'm in the mood to kill now." he picked both of them by their ears.

"Did they ignore the fact that I'm here?"
"Can you all stop fighting and listen to me?" I shouted.
"Yeah. Go ahead, Daasi." Bheem na replied.
"I'm-"
"I can recognize her. She was the one who fought with Arjuna na for the fruit." Nakula replied.

"Brothers have the habit of not letting the people talk."
"You? I couldn't eat that delicious fruit because of you," Bheem na said. "Why are you here now? Wait, how did you enter the palace?"

"When did you ever let me talk, Rajkumar Bheem?" I crossed my hands.
"A Dassi can't talk to a Rajkumar like this," he shouted back.
"What did you say? Daasi?" I shouted back.
"How dare you shout back at me." he raised his voice.

"Did you start a fight already, my sister?" I heard Kanha na.
"Pranam, Vasudeva." they all greeted.
"She's your sister? She's Dhaksha." Nakula looked at me.
"She's my sister, Dhaksha," Kanha replied.
"Do you have any yellow lehenga, Dhaksha?" Bheem na asked.
"Bheem na, let's not talk about that." Nakula faked to smile.
"Everyone has a yellow lehenga of their own? Why is this Bheem acting weird?"

"Dhaksha? Is that you?" I heard Draupadi.
"I missed you a lot. I'm so sorry about Sudama, Dhaksha. Forgive me, Dhaksha. I shouldn't have let the fight continue. We should have done something." she held my hands.
"Oh, my sakhi, Don't ask for forgiveness. You didn't do anything. It was the Brahmins who fought not you. I missed you too." I smiled at her.

"But still, It's my brother who started the fight. We are obliged to apologize to you. I heard Krishna let you stay with the Athiratha's family. You would been close with Sudama. Please do forgive us, " Yudhistran walked inside.
"It's fine, Chakravathi Yudhishtra. I accept your apology." I greeted him.

"Let's have some food and talk more, Sakhi," Draupadi said.

I decided to stay in Indraprastha because Draupadi insisted that I should stay and spend time with her and explore their city more. The bond between me and the Pandavas grew more. But I was still fighting and arguing a lot with Bheem na.

I returned to Dwaraka after a very long time in Indraprastha. It feels good to be at home, feels exactly like my home. Royalties learned a lot of skills in their free time. One among them was Painting.

I drew a lot of portraits. My brother's flute portrait is my favourite one. People say that Artists can paint their portraits well if they have the object of painting stuck deep inside their hearts. One among them was Ajruna. I wouldn't lie about the fact that I kept thinking about him while he was at his Vanvas. Even though I kept saying to myself that I didn't like him.
~~~~~~~~

"Dhaksha, Where are you?" Kanha na called out for me.
"Yes, Why did you call for me?" I rushed to the entrance.

"Take this Yatis to the garden and serve for him. He will be staying here for a few months. Subhadra is not feeling good. So, you should take care of him, Dhaksha," Balrama Na said.

"Maybe this is why Kanha made me serve for
yatis at the very beginning. He's clever"

I rested my eyes on the Yati who looked very familiar.

To be continued..
Stay updated
Add to your list.

Thanks for the like and comment❤️