40

I woke up in a strange pitch black room, rubbing my eyes out of habit even though I didn't feel tired. I squinted my eyes trying to make out the space from a small light I spotted at the end of the room soon realizing I could see better than I usually could. A small bulb at the end of the room illuminated the space a little bit and flickered so, I walked over to it, pulling the string attached.

Instead of turning off, the light became brighter and, the flickering stopped. Inspecting the room again, I realized I was in my classroom but, it was empty without a single person in sight.

I glanced at the window and,  noticed something strange about my reflection. I had both my eyes back with no scar. I looked like every normal person! I reached up to check excited, running a finger down my face as I approached the window. Blinking once then, twice, I moved both my eyes! It was a fantastic feeling! A smile crept unto my face as, I stared at my reflection. I looked normal again. I could be pretty again!

"Like what you see?" A  soft and gentle female voice spoke from the shadows startling me and, snapping me out of my happy daze. I spun around on my heels clumsily almost falling on the table beside me. No one was there so, I rubbed my eyes and blinked.

"W-where am I?" I demanded mustering up all the courage I could. "How do I have both eyes?" I leaned back against the desk, my eyes darting around the room frantically.

"A dream." The voice responded coming into view. "The reflection you see in the window is a reflection of your soul and, the soul has no physical limitations or, abnormalities. That is why you have two eyes."

The figure before me was a lady, wearing a dress from what I could make out. She emitted a blinding golden glow and, her skin seemed to be made from glitter. Her face wasn't visible as it was the brightest part of her body so, I couldn't make out an eye colour but, from the rest of what I saw, I'm assuming it's also gold. In her right hand, the lady held a large staff that was up to her giant height and, also the same golden hue as the rest of her body. Her hair, if I could even call it that had the same texture as the sun, running down her figure in slow waves and, defying all the laws of physics. She had wings too, folded behind her back elegantly.

"Who are you?" I inquire trying my best to protect my eyes from her glaring aura.

"Oh right." The woman began placing her free hand on her chest, "How rude of me. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Fate, the creator."

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no no.

She was dragging me back to the stupid mission!

I bowed respectfully, not really sure how to greet the deity. She chuckled at my response to her introduction, shaking her head but, sunny hair still staying in place. "No need for that my love." She waved me off, "I'm here to talk to you about a very important book.I'm sure you're familiar with the book of the Legion. It's missing and, I need you to find it."

I was right. She was dragging me back to the DIVISION thing. I didn't want to continue the mission. I wanted to quit because I didn't think I could do it anymore. It was slowly draining the life out of me and, drowning me in an endless pool of worry, heartbreak and, misery. I can't breathe under the water. I don't know how to swim.

"The book of the Legion?" I asked in a confused tone trying to maintain a level of politeness even though I internally felt like cussing her out. "Is that the book I got from Principal Easton?"

"Yes." Said Fate. "Avien had it but, now it's missing."

The mention of his name tugged at my heartstrings, pulling them beyond their allowed limit. I could feel a strange thing in my throat. It was like someone was holding my mouth open and forcefully filling it up with water, making no effort to allow me to swallow. Land was out of reach, Fate was dragging me to the dark and dangerous deep end.