47

Tw: Blood and violence.

I let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding and glanced at my watch, hanging on to the straps of my small backpack tightly.

7:51pm.

The birds sang, rustling in the trees that covered the bridge from the setting sun. A leaf fell from one into my hair and I quickly brushed it off with a huff, checking for the knife I had placed safely in my back pocket. It was there. I let out another sigh of relief.

I glanced at the time again.

7:52pm

I'd been doing this ritual over and over for some reason.

After repeating the process twice, it was 7:55pm.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, begging to be set free so, it could flee from the situation. I wanted to bolt too but, I couldn't. I had to get that book back one way,

I checked for the knife in my back pocket again.

Or another.

The sun hid it's face from the world as if sensing the upcoming battle about to be had. The birds took this as a sign and their singing became lower and less lively. The wind blew the branches back and forth, their rustling becoming quieter.

"Jay." Tristan's voice made me freeze, "Why did you-"

Turning around, my eyes met his. I adjusted my hoody over my back pocket and folded my arms. Tristan raised an eyebrow at me, the book was in his left arm.

"Where's Jay?" He asked slowly with a low voice. His eyes not leaving mine.

"He's not here." I replied, deciding to come clean. "I sent the letter."

He glared at me sending chills up my spine. The look of pure loathing and hatred is one I rarely see. A lot of people dislike me but only some hate.

"What's wrong with you!? Why did you lure me here!" 

I flinched at the harshness of his words. "I-I'm sorry. I just need the book." I stretched out my hand, trying to stop myself from trembling.

He scoffed, "Did you really think I'd just give it to you when I got here?" Tristan took a step towards me and I stepped back. He shook his head at this, looking down at me in disdain. "You're scared. Aren't you?"

Yes.

"No."

He stepped closer and I flinched again. Tristan chuckled at this, his eyes glowing a bright red. My breath hitched at the sight. What the hell did I get myself into?

"You are scared." His smirk was wide and unsettling. "I like that you're scared, little chosen. It makes this easier."

He turned around to leave and I watched him for some seconds before deciding to run up and grab the book from behind. I'm only able to grab it for a second before it is pulled out of my grip. I trip over something and fall on the floor chin first. Tristan, or should I say the daemon laughs at me as I hit my face on the wooden bridge, cutting my chin a bit.

"For your own good, stay away seer. I know who sent you so, stay away because this body is now mine."

"I don't want the body, I want the book." I explained, getting up from the ground. I forgot to keep my knife covered so, I think he noticed it when I stood up. 

The daemon used it's foot to push me back to the ground, Tristan's heel digging into my lower back. I screamed in pain wondering why he suddenly became so violent.