34. Possibly maybe

Thirteen stores in the shopping center, and nothing had convinced him. Yoongi was fed up, his feet hurt, and he was already counting the hours to return home to his wife, whom he had left without food to fulfill the damn request of his best friend.

"Namjoon-ah, I swear to God..." I groaned as I saw his best friend go back into another store and grab some things. The store was minimalist, earth tones and world traditional.

Namjoon sighed and looked at Yoongi in dismay, as if begging with his clothes in his hands.

"Hyung, I promise it's the last one, okay?" He looked at the watch on his wrists and bit his lip. "Just help me, okay? It's already late and I don't want to make a fool of myself."

"It must be important, that idiotic thing you don't want to tell me," Yoongi sighed and put his hands in his pockets, following his friend to the locker room to sit in one of the chairs, exhaling with pleasure as he finally took a seat, "you drag me here to watch you try on silly clothes and instead..."

Inside the locker room, several hooks were heard until the man inside came out, dressed in a denim jumper and a rainbow sweater.

"Well?" Namjoon smiled and walked around.

"You look like a spoiled child from Gangnam."

Namjoon sighed and went back in, a few seconds later he came out again, this time wearing cargo pants and an overly padded jacket.

"You used to call me on my cell phone..." Yoongi started singing when he saw it and laughed when his friend rolled her eyes and returned to the fitting room. While he did so, a tired man with some beard on his face sitting outside of him became distracted by his cell phone. "If you tell me who you're having dinner with, this would go faster."

A young lady approached, but Yoongi waved her away, knowing that if she asked what he could do for her, Namjoon would surely ask her to carry the entire fucking store. Namjoon came out again seconds later, this time wearing a denim jumper and a colorful sweater.

"Oh, look, a gay minion." Yoongi blurted out, and when his friend stared at him with her hands on her hips, he decided to get up. "Namjoon-ah, you shouldn't take this so seriously...you don't even decide on a style."

"Well, a fucking minion isn't exactly what I'm looking for." He crossed his arms as he grumbled, but I watched as his best friend looked around the store. "I just want to look mature, maybe handsome?"

"Mmh...how so?" Yoongi searched the store and rummaged through the colored sections. "Boyfriend material, sexy, like for one night or for a lifetime...?" He turned to see his friend who was rather suspicious, before handing a pair of hooks into his arms. "Here and stop crying." The childish eyes of his best friend made him show a gum smile. "Well, go on, try them."

The big man with the baby face returned to the dressing room, and after looking at himself in the mirror, he began to slowly undress. As he took the clothes that his friend had selected and arranged them on his body, he began to smile. It was just a pair of jeans, a brown shirt and a blue knit sweater. When he finished getting ready, he looked at himself and smiled at himself in the mirror, noticing the dimples on his cheeks.

Yoongi widened his eyes at the sight when she came out. He nodded his head.

"Definitely."

"But I don't feel that sexy..." Namjoon admitted, touching the sweater, his friend smiled at him.

"It's nothing a black turtleneck won't fix, don't you think?" Yoongi questioned, but the puzzled face his best fiend had made him rethink his words. "what's wrong?"

"I just...really want to make a good impression. I want to look like someone well rounded for once...or to pretend I am." Namjoon admitted, but Yoongi let out a sly smirk.

"You are well rounded."

"Hyung...I don't know how to be formal, how to drive or cook...I took two months to learn the blue trash is for greens..."

"Is actually for plastics."

"Whatever, the point is...I'm scared." Namjoon finished his sentence with a groan, but his friend wasn't willing to let him drown in himself just yet. Yoongi walked u to him and held him by the shoulders.

"Hey, one of those things are what being mature is about, and you don't need to pretend dumb shit." Yoongi took his hands off and stared deeply into Namjoon's eyes. "You just have to find yourself and...let me tell you, there's nothing more Namjoon-ish than this outfit."

They both smiled at each other, soon enough Namjoon walked back into the changing room, and upon seeing himself in the mirror, he smiled once again.

Leaving the store, with the bags and one hundred and sixty thousand won less in their wallets, both friends finally enjoyed the mall as they went out to the parking lot, getting into Yoongi's car and settling down, hoping that time wouldn't pass so quickly. During the ride, Namjoon started playing with his hands, a gesture his friend noticed, but he didn't call out.

They arrived at Yoongi's house, and there, after seeing her wife and greeting her while she watched television, the two men went up to the bedroom like a couple of teenagers. There Yoongi fixed his outfit, ironing and pointing out the correct way to have his hair, lent him lotion and finally let him see himself in the mirror against the closet.

"Done."

Namjoon looked at his Hyung.

"Thank you."

"You don't have to... now," he put a hand on her shoulder like a proud father, "make sure you don't fuck with Taehyung again or this time I'm going to kill you."

The scared and surprised look gave Namjoon away, but he soon cheered as he received a calm smile in return. He shook his head once to get the questions out of his head, since he would have time to ask them later. He nodded his head.

"Yes, Hyung." He received a pat on the back in response, and then they both headed down the stairs.

In the kitchen was Aom, and when she saw the pair, she smiled happily.

"Wow, but how handsome you made him." She came over to hug him, something Namjoon thanked her for, as she was always so welcoming and familiar.

"Yes, it even seems like he really is my brother, doesn't he?" Yoongi put his arm over his friend's shoulder and then walked over to her wife, kissing her. "I'll lend him the car, okay?"

"Okay, but I want black noodles for dinner." Aom threatened and then turned back to Namjoon. "Have a lot of luck, I hope everything goes well."

"Thank you." Namjoon responded, then took the car keys and left. "I'll give it back tomorrow, I promise!"

Both newlyweds laughed when they saw him leave so excited. Aom stayed in the living room while her husband put on his apron to start cooking, while watching her do so she got closer and lowered her head to think about the situation, or at least as much as Yoongi had told her.

"Do you think things will work out this time?" She asked her husband, deadly serious. Yoongi sighed while still taking out ingredients from the fridge and placing them in the countertop.

"I trust he's not the same as before... We can just hope Taehyung does too."

His wife smiled entering to overthink the situation, but before she could her husband took her from her arm and began dancing with her in the kitchen, kissing her affectionately to prevent her mind to wander into bad thoughts.