31. Lost

"It's only until we can buy a house, but isn't it beautiful? We could decorate it however you want."

Those were the words he had used when they both arrived at the apartment for the first time, a modest old building near the university with few windows, two bedrooms, and an incomplete eat-in kitchen.

They had been dating for about a year when Namjoon proposed, from moving into a dorm to agreeing to be with him paying rent in the apartment his father helped him maintain. He said that they both won, since the money wouldn't hurt even if it was generously low compared to what Taehyung used to pay. Two weeks later, they were living together.

It surrounded him with the promise that the place was of both of them, without distinction, since only they together were capable of truly taking care of the place and inhabiting it, almost transforming it into a small bubble where both of them, enthralled, did not resist the idea of ​​appearing to be newlyweds.

The typical thing: one cooked, another cleaned, they shared the bathtub and slept in both rooms together and separately. Namjoon had once read that having their own rooms made it better to live as a couple, so they did it, added to the fact that this way they didn't raise as many suspicions as if they only slept in one room, or worse, a bed. It was back when everything was normal.

Taehyung liked everything about the place, from the cream-colored interior with the wooden furniture to the wide, modern black door that he loved to hear open, because that meant it wouldn't be long until he saw Namjoon again, before he could go to bed and wait for the next day.

That was the door he was now knocking on, having erased a nostalgic smile from his face. The door obeyed by removing the locks, but when it opened it was not what he expected.

"Taehyung-ssi?" Namjoon's sister smiled at him, rushing over to hug him. "Jesus Christ, it's been a long time!"

Taehyung let himself be, missed. He was taken inside to the kitchen and imposed a cup of coffee. He took advantage of his situation to look around, where things seemed to be cleaner than usual, with some flowers and boxes stacked in the corner of the dining room.

"It must have been tiring coming back. Where are you staying?" The female voice brought him back to reality, where he drank a little again.

"With a friend." He answered simply. "And you're visiting?" the girl in front of him let out a laugh.

"Wow, what good communication between you and my brother." She sighed. "I live here now."

He pretended to understand, but he really had no idea how his plans had gone so wrong. Well, to be honest, it was natural that if her brother was still abroad she would end up living in the city, although it was rather cartoonish.

"So, you were admitted in Yonsei? congratulations." It was the only thing he could find to answer.

"What?" She was confused, but immediately she laughed again, Taehyung began to get scared by her unknown good mood. "In Hanyang, actually...I just stopped living with my parents... in fact talking to them...and so did Namjoon." She suddenly looked sad, playing with her fingers on the rim of the cup in front of her, fluttering her eyelashes like dead wings. She looked up shortly after, straightening up. "Sorry, I didn't even ask why you came."

Taehyung regained the thread almost instantly and cleared his throat.

"I, I'm actually looking for my things...I left abruptly, and I would like to get them back." After his explanation, the sister of the man who had been in love with him nodded.

"They are in what was your room, my brother kept them in several boxes, it almost seems like he knew you would come back for them even if you were very angry with him."