2. TAEHYUNG YOUNG

After Sofia stormed off from the library, I made my way up to the bar, strangely pleased. I don't know what pleasure I derive from teasing and irritating Sofia , but I can't seem to stop myself from doing it. It's like a strange compulsion that I can't resist, even though I know it's not the best way to interact with her. Maybe deep down, I enjoy the challenge of trying to get a reaction out of her. But I must say, I win the challenge every time.

To get a reaction out of me is as impossible as trying to stop a speeding train with your bare hands. It helps in the corporate world a lot, as it's never done any good if you let your rival know what you are feeling or thinking at the moment. Maintaining a sense of control and composure can be a valuable asset in professional settings, allowing you to navigate difficult interactions with ease. It's all about staying one step ahead and not letting emotions dictate your actions.

I grabbed the stool and sat on it. I checked my watch, because Marco and I were going to meet here. He said he knows a valuable piece of information I shouldn't miss at any cost.

"Sir, what can I get you?" The bartender asked me.

"Strawberry gin and tonic." I asked for my signature drink.

A few moments later, Marco slipped into the stool beside me, looking perfect as if he had just stepped out of a magazine cover. He was the CEO of the world's biggest luxury goods conglomerate and heir one of the oldest family tree in money history. He ordered his drinks.

"Are you going out somewhere? I smell cologne here." I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"I am going on a date with Lia, so better make it quick." He replied, his gaze softening at his wife's name.

"I see the honeymoon phase is still going on." Marco and Lia have been married for almost five months, and they still go out on dates and shit like they are in some high school romance period of time. Their love for each other is mundane but admirable.

"It will never end. So I was here-" He was cut off by the bartender, who handed us our drink.

"You are still into that absurd drink." Marco commented like he always does when I order this.

"Is it a problem to you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not at all," he replied with a smirk, taking a sip of his own cocktail. "It just shows you haven't changed a bit since college."

"I have changed, but not when it comes to my drink preferences," I replied.

"Some things never change, I guess. Like your pride in yourself." Marco nodded in agreement.

"Let us get to the point. I guess we both don't have time for these small talks right now." I said to switch to the main topic.

"You know that we both hate small talk." He paused to take a sip of his drink, then said. " I got to know this from Adrian. It concerns you the most."

I know who Adrian is; he is the son of Sloane Castillo and Xavier Castillo, who is the king of the nightlife industry. Adrian is a master at his job, and because he has to attend some parties attended by some coveted guests almost every day and has some real good connections, he gets to know every damn single move of the people. I have a media empire, but sometimes you can't get out information just like that; sometimes it needs a personal connection or friendship shit that Adrian has with people. Being somewhat like a cousin and confidante of Marco, he tells him everything, and most of the time his information is correct.

"What is it?" I said this after drinking my drink.

"Who was your biggest rival candidate in the CEO vote?" Marco asked , setting his glass on the counter after finishing.