12. Sofia/ Taehyung

I don't remember much about how we got to the hospital or what I was doing until we got there. All I could recall was a constant feeling of panic and urgency, with everything else feeling like a blur. The slight ache in my chest intensified with each passing moment, heightening my growing sense of unease. I could recall how Taehyung drove like a madman to the hospital.

But now I am here, where Stacy is lying, not fighting for her life and just waiting for death to embrace her in her peaceful slumber. But how did it result in this situation? How did a girl whose eyes shone with the brimming glow of life end up in such a state?

I have no answers except a hole in my chest, empty and cold.

She poisoned herself with a lethal dose of pills, and now if the doctors even give her more medicine to reduce her pain, it could end up speeding up the process of her demise. Doctors say that there is a glimmer of hope still left for her if she fights for her life, but that is the problem. Stacy doesn't want to fight anymore. She has given up, and no one knows how to convince her to keep going.

It's a cruel irony that someone so full of life could end up choosing death in such a tragic way.

Emma and Taehyung are out of the room. Emma had talked to Stacy.

"Stacy, I am here. Your sofia." I say with tears running down my cheeks as I clutch Stacy's hand.

Stacy's green orbs fix on me as she opens her mouth to say something, but no words come out. I can see the pain and exhaustion in her eyes, but I refuse to give up on her.

"Please, Stacy, don't give up. We're all here for you," I plead, hoping my words will reach her heart and reignite the fight within her.

"I can't." Stacy mumbles.

"You have the strength within you. You can do it." I plead, pressing her hand to my forehead. "You have to live. For me. For Audrey."

"Audrey is gone where I am going." Stacy whispers, her voice barely audible. She tremulously hands me a scroll of paper. "Read it once I am gone." I pocket it into my coat's pocket.

"Audrey would want you to keep fighting." I say, "Don't give up."

"You know I can't survive. I am going to my sweet sister." Stacy smiles weakly, and from the side of my eye, I see her pulse dropping. "I loved your new album; it will be a hit."

Suddenly, it hits me why she wanted to hear my new album, which hasn't been released. I understand why she was not that happy when I gifted her the tickets. I had clues, but I failed to see them.

" I deeply regret not realizing this sooner." I whisper to myself.

"I wanted to see you." Stacy chokes out. "You were always my biggest supporter. Like my older sister, I once had."

I open my mouth to say something, but she stops me.

"Let me say this. I love you, Sofia. I am sorry for every time I screamed or blamed you. Forgive me."

"I know you never meant them. Your mind was tricking you. You have nothing to be sorry about." I can't see; tears are blurring my vision.

"Why have you had to do this? We were fine." I said, sobbing.

"Remember the quote. That is my reason. I can't live with this tragedy." She says.

"Please. Every tragedy could be overcome. You could too." I please, shaking my head. The beeping is getting slower with every breath.

"It is time for me to go, Sofia."

"Please don't leave me," I whisper, holding her hand tightly.

"I will always be with you, as a star in the night sky," she replies softly, her voice fading.