9. SOFIA VOLKOV

I have agreed with Taehyung to pretend that we are in love. We both have our own reasons for doing so, but ultimately, it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. Our plan is to keep up the façade until we achieve our goals. Or until he achieves his.

But, at that moment, I hadn't considered what would happen afterwards.

Like how I am going to deal with my family.

My father is the legendary Alex Volkov, who has more IQ than Einstein. He looks as good as he looked when he was in his early forties, with brown hair and jade green eyes. Niko has inherited his looks. Dad doesn't believe in morals and worships no one except Ava Volkov. He may appear like a block of ice to the outside world, but I know the warm love he has for us runs deep. He is feared by everyone. No one wants to piss off Alex Volkov, or the consequences of his wrath would be severe. My dad is a man of very few words, as his actions speak volumes.

My mom, on the other hand, is a beautiful woman with a sunshiny personality. She has long black hair and a contagious smile that lights up the room.

Ava Volkov, a renowned photographer, and the soul in my dad's body are gorgeous ladies—inside and out. Her personality is just as captivating as her stunning photographs. She has a way of making everyone around her feel comfortable and appreciated. She is kind, compassionate, and loving, and she believes that this world is beautiful. Unlike Dad, she taught us about morals and values through her actions and words, always leading by example. Her presence is like a warm embrace, radiating love and positivity wherever she goes.

Despite my parents' opposite personalities, they are a perfect couple. Always balancing each other out and bringing out the best in one another. My mom's creativity and my dad's practicality complement each other, creating a harmonious partnership that has stood the test of time.

And then there comes my older brother, Niko Volkov . He is the perfect blend of our parents, inheriting Mom's compassion and creativity and Dad's practicality and strong work ethic. Except he only shows his warm side to us and remains like dad to others; that is an ice block. He has the most devastating looks from my father. Niko's ability to navigate different personalities with ease has always been impressive to me. Despite his reserved demeanor, his actions speak volumes about the depth of his character.

"Would you clarify this, honey?" Mom placed a hand on my shoulder, indicating I should speak up about the rumor that I and Taehyung are dating.

I could tell by her smile that she was happy that I was dating someone. Then I look at Dad and Niko, both of them sitting in the same pose, hands crossed at the chest, leg over the other, and a knowing glint in their eyes.

"These rumors are fake. We are not dating." I respond, to which dad raises an eyebrow. "I slipped on that night because of the alcohol, but I don't have anything to do with him. We sometimes cross paths at Valhalla." I add.

"Young was saying the truth after all." Niko mutters under his breath.

"So, are you going to deny these rumors?" Dad asks, his eyes finding mine.

"No, I am not." I answer.

"Why? Just let me sue all of them for this. Take a look at what bullshit they are writing." Dad's voice tightens with worry for me. His face gently softens.

"Because I am going to accept them. I revealed the details.

Mom smiles, Niko, and dad exchange a surprised glance. They always talk through eye contact in board meetings, and blah blah. They always know what the other has in mind.