13. TAEHYUNG YOUNG

"Sir." Sarah, my secretary, enters my office with a stack of papers in her hand. "I have the reports you requested, and I also have some updates on the upcoming meeting with the board of directors."

" Great, thank you, Sarah. Please leave the reports on my desk and give me a brief overview of the updates for the meeting." I mutter, waiting to hear the phone beeped by Sofia's message.

It is unrealistic to expect Sofia to be happy, and she is not. I'm not sure how much Stacy meant to her, but it's obvious that her loss has had a significant impact on her. She hasn't spoken to me in two weeks directly and has ceased visiting Valhalla. She told me she was OK when I called, but things are not going so well. She needs to come out of the cocoon she has retreated into.

Meanwhile, Sarah had finished giving me a brief overview of the meeting, and I realized I had missed most of it while lost in my thoughts about Sofia. Sarah gives me an amusing look before excusing herself for other matters. Sarah is a beautiful woman, with her glowing golden brown skin and piercing green eyes that seem to hold a world of secrets. I wonder if she has noticed my distraction, but I quickly push the thought aside and focus on the task at hand.

My face enlightens when my phone beeps with a text from Sofia.

Puella, If that is fine with you, would you

accompany me on a dinner date this evening?

                                                                          Hey, I would have loved to, but I have

                                                                          tons of work with the new album and

                                                                             It's J and J's anniversary tonight.

                                                                              I am sorry, but we have to reschedule.

Then, let's plan it for tomorrow.

No excuses.

Sharp at 8.

                                                                                                 Okay, see you.

                                                                                                    Pick me up.

I am a bit disappointed that she couldn't come tonight, but on the other hand, I am relieved that she has agreed to reschedule for tomorrow. I'll make sure to pick her up at 8 and make it a special evening for us both.

Sarah knocks again on my office door, and I call her in.

"I forgot to remind you that you have a lunch with Mrs. Van Altena at the Monarch today." Sarah reminds me about my lunch appointment with Mrs. Val Altena at the Monarch today. "I have prepared everything you need for the meeting, including the presentation materials and talking points," Sarah says as she hands me a folder.

That is the exact reason why she is my best secretary..

"You have to come there," I say.

"I do not know why I am needed there." She responds, checking her tab for confirmation.

"Mrs. Van Altena's assistant would also be attending." My one line explanation is enough for Sarah to understand what I mean by offering to come. Sarah nods in understanding, knowing that having her presence at the lunch appointment would be beneficial in case any last-minute adjustments or assistance are needed during the meeting. This level of attentiveness and proactive thinking is what sets her apart as an invaluable member of my team.