8. TAEHYUNG YOUNG

My life is messed up.

I am messed up.

This whole world is messed up.

My sanity is chipping away, and I feel like I'm losing control.

Tobias Hyde and Melany Parkins have messed my life up.

Tobias is enjoying what Melany is making up with me. Tobias is trying to sabotage my position as CEO. While Melany........

That one fucking woman is the mastermind here. She won't let me sit in peace. I thought bringing Sofia on just one date to show her that she doesn't matter to me would make her quiet.

But I was wrong.

Very much wrong.

I don't know how, but she clicked and leaked the picture of me and Sofia almost kissing and circulated it in media outlets. Now, they are saying that me and Sofia are having a sizzling-hot romance secretly.

Sizzling-hot romance, my foot.

Now, I do realize how big of a mistake I made when I almost kissed Sofia. If that hadn't happened. Then this rumor wouldn't have caught that much fire.

Also, Melany has confirmed this whole thing by saying I rejected her for Sofia.

It's all my fault that I even brought Sofia's name up in the discussion.

And how the fuck do these outlets know that Sofia and I meet at Valhalla?

I should have kept my personal life private and not given them any material to work with.

Lesson learned: Next time, I'll be more careful about what I say and do in public.

But what to do for now?

As I was pondering over this whole mess, my phone rang with a call from none other than Niko Volkov.

He was protective of his sister. Very Much.

"What the hell are you doing with my one and only sister?" Niko didn't bother with the greetings as I picked up his call.

I quickly realized that I was in for a serious conversation with Niko, and I needed to choose my words carefully. Niko's protective nature was no joke, and I had to handle the situation delicately to avoid any further conflict.

"Hello to you too, Niko." I said, trying to keep my tone light despite the tension in his voice.

"I don't give a fuck about hello. And I don't even give a fuck about whether you are my friend or not." Niko's voice contained a sharp, icy edge.

"Of course. To answer your earlier question, I really don't have any intentions with your sister like these outlets claim to be." I answered, my tone remaining calm and collected.

"Is that so?" Niko sounded unconvinced. "Then why are you two kissing in this photo?"

"We are not fucking kissing in that picture!" I am tired of everyone trying to reason out the rumors because of this picture.

"Yes, you are." Niko insisted. "I don't know what you're trying to pull, but I'm not buying it."

"I have nothing to do with your sister. It was just a fake date for the night. That's it." I explained, hoping to clear up any misunderstandings. "I understand why it may look bad, but I assure you, there is nothing between us."

"I don't believe any man when it comes to my sister's heart." Niko said his protectiveness for his sister coming out.

"In that case, go and ask your own sister." I suggested that my tone be dry.