Aftermath

The air had calmed down, letting each of you all collect your breaths. Everything was still and quiet, nobody dared to speak yet. Phoebe took off, running over to the traps to make sure they were all secure, leaving you with Egon's ghost and the other Ghostbusters, you all exchanging looks.

"I thought you might turn up." Peter finally sighed, breaking the silence.

"I... I'm sorry." Ray sorrowfully began, his voice riddled with guilt. "I didn't believe you."

"I should've called. I miss you, my friend." Winston quietly admitted.

Egon knowingly nodded, flashing a small and polite smile.

"She's just like you, y'know." You uttered, motioning to Phoebe, playing in the dirt on her hands and knees. "She's a wonderful girl."

Phoebe continued fiddling with the traps as her mother tackled her into a hug.

"Are you okay?" Callie demanded to know, squeezing Phoebe tighter, "You scared the shit out of me!"

You ran your arm over your brow, wiping away the sweat and dirt.

"You should be proud." You turned to face Egon's ghost, who gave you a truly happy smile.

"Mom, I can't breathe." Phoebe protested.

Peter took slow steps, kneeling down in front of the mother and daughter.

"Hi." He began, slowly adjusting and offering out his hand. "Pete Venkman, from the home office. Thanks for pitching in."

"You're welcome." Phoebe took his hand, shaking.

"I like your style. Who's that one?" Peter gestured to her mother.

"Callie. Callie Spengler." She too shook his hand.

"Spengler? Weird name. Try to make the best of that." He chuckled to himself. "All right. We're gonna have cocoa inside. And some of us will have rum in it."

"Count me in for that! I want some spice in that cup." You called out to him, laughing.

"Lucky!" Trevor shouted, the realization setting in.

He quickly ran over to the newly formed hellhound statues in the yard. He broke the head off of one of them, hoping it would be his friend. However, instead of Lucky, Gary Grooberson's disheveled face stared back at him.

"Oh, hey, hey man." Gary addressed him exasperatedly.

"Are you okay?" Trevor prodded.

"Yeah, I– yeah. I mean, my hands hurt from galloping..." He began to explain before Lucky's hand shot up from the other statue.

Trevor quickly set to work, rushing to break off the rest of the stone to free her. You watched with a subtle bemusement.

"Oh my god, I totally thought I lost you." Trevor exhaled a deep sigh of relief.

"Sorry about that." Lucky apologized as Trevor helped her to her feet.

Callie and Gary reunited, Gary finally sat up, trying to recover. His hair was a mess, a mess of dirt and grime on his face, held on by a thick layer of sweat.

"Well, that was weird." He admitted after a while.

"Mhm, yeah." Callie agreed, nodding.

Gary touched his forehead, wincing as he took his fingers away. "I'm bleeding, why am I bleeding?"

"You headbutted a park bench." Callie clarified.

"Oh, right, yeah." He softly trailed off, before looking back at her with a boyish expression. "Hi."