Chapter 68

After dinner was cleared away, the music began. Malcolm took my hand and I found myself smiling in his arms as we swayed beneath the lights we'd hung the day before.

"I think those dancing lessons are paying off," I joked.

"I know," he smirked. "Notice how I haven't stepped on your feet once?"

"Yes. I'm proud and grateful."

"We'll need to keep practicing, though - I'm going to have to bring my 'A'-game when it's our mating ceremony."

"Definitely," I smirked, "our first dance is going to have choreography - dips, leaps, spins-"

"Seriously?"

Snorting, I shook my head, "No. But, we're definitely having a dance floor."

"Agreed. What do you think about the Den for the ceremony?"

"The Den?"

"The back patio?"

My eyes lit up, "Ooh - that view as the backdrop? Hell yes."

"That's settled."

"Could we have the reception there too? Would Patricia mind?"

He sighed, "If we asked, she'd probably plan the entire damn thing. What about Tooleys?"

"Tooley's?"

"Rent it out for the night? We'd get a dance floor, sound system, food, and drinks with minimal hassle."

I frowned, considering it, "Not sure how I feel about bar food - what about Indian? Like our first date?"

Malcolm replied, "We could see if they cater."

Clasping my hands behind his neck, I leaned against his warmth, "Y'know, we're going to have this whole thing ready to go before we even land back in Pennsylvania."

"Hey, as far as I'm concerned, the sooner the better."

"Well," I countered, "there's still some things to take care of."

"Like?"

"Like meeting your family? I think I've seen your Dad at some Pack events, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know my name-"

"He knows."

I looked at him quizzically, "He does?"

Malcolm winced, "I may have gotten drunk and confessed everything while crying on his kitchen floor."

"What were you drinking?"

"Jägermeister - never again."

"Noted. Still, I should probably meet them before the ceremony."

"Good call. I'll start getting that arranged as soon as we get back."

"To the hotel?"

His lips curved with salacious amusement, "To Syracuse - I've got other plans for when we get back to the hotel."

Desire fluttered in my stomach, "Do tell-"

But then my eyes caught on a face across the room, and I stopped still.

He seemed taller, but that might have been a trick of the light. The slightly wiry frame had filled out in the intervening years - there was no doubting that the body beneath that impeccable suit was a powerfully built male.

Hunter.

I swallowed, hard.

"Who's the newcomer?"