Chapter 8

"Gianna, you have to tell him sooner or later." Amber said to me as I took a sip of my coffee.

"I'm going to tonight, I'm not even sure how he's going to handle it." I said honestly.

"You guys aren't even a thing I think he's going to understand." Amber said and I just sighed.

"Listen, if you guys become a thing then it wouldn't matter. He's going to Columbia and your going to Juilliard and that's not that far from each other." Amber said.

"I guess, at least your coming with me to Juilliard." I said.

"Yup, we dance with or without a man." Amber said and I rolled my eyes.

"Well you have a man." I said as we picked up our bags.

"Yeah, but Jackson and I won't be seeing each other a lot." Amber said.

"He's going to Columbia and your going to Juilliard. You guys will see each other a lot more than you do right now." I said to her as we walked out of Starbucks.

"Yeah, don't you have a interview at 12?" Amber asked and I looked at the time and it said 9.

"Yeah, I'll call you later." I said then ran off to my car and drove off.
-=+=-
The screen showed up and it showed me in front of a white wall and I had my hair down and I was wearing normal clothes except my shoes.

"Hi I'm Gianna Hough and I'm 17 years old and I've been dancing for 16 years." I said and then it showed a video of me doing a turn.

"Welcome Gianna Hough!" Julie Chen announced and I took a deep breath and walked out.

I was wearing a really cute dress that was my mom's dress when she won her first teen choice award. It was floral and it's adorable and I love it so much.

I walked out and immediately looked for my family and I saw my mom and dad with big smiles and Mason with bright eyes and Ross was just smirking.

"Hi Gianna, welcome to the show!" Julie said then hugged me and I hugged her back.

"Thank you so much for having me." I said and she gestured me to sit down and I did.

"So Gianna please introduce yourself." Julie said and I nodded.

"Hello everyone, I'm Gianna Hough and I'm 17 years old and I'm a professional dancer. I have been dancing for 16 years and I'm turning 18 in a few weeks." I introduced.

"So Gianna, tell us a few of your accomplishments. You are pretty much a legend in the dance world." Julie said and I smiled.

"Well, I've been undefeated for 10 years, I've been in multiple music videos like Sia's, Lux's, and I also danced in a video called Cry and I've done photo shoots and so much more. I also acted in shows and movies. I'm extremely grateful for the life I have and the family I have." I said.

"Have you ever had those moments where you wanted to give up?"

"Once... I got defeated that week I got second place. My mom just got out of the hospital from giving birth to my little brother and we were at my aunt's house and we were having dinner. I then suddenly blurt that I didn't want to dance anymore." I said then sighed.

"I felt like I wasn't Gianna Hough the undefeated dancer I felt like Gianna Hough the normal dancer. I wanted to give up on dance because I lost because I didn't have that title anymore. Then my uncle picked me up and took me to his office." I said and I saw my mom tearing up and I smiled.

"He told me I shouldn't give up because I had a God given gift. I should use that loss as a passion to get back on top. I...uh, I wanted to give up on dance and I wanted to give up because I lost and I think that was such a dumb thing to want. I then realized I had a gift that some people don't have. That week of dancing actually that month I didn't have that passion I had. I lost the thing I spent all my life and time on." I said and took a deep shaky breath.

"It uh, took a while to get use to not being undefeated. It was hard on me I just practiced and practiced and I didn't eat, drink, or sleep. I had anxiety because I didn't have that fire I had." I said and my mom wiped a tear off her face and my dad had water in his eyes.

"That month I lost weight, I lost my passion and most of all I wasn't healthy like a dancer should be. That time was so hard on me because I was only 11 and I couldn't control the anxiety I got. My mom and dad were busy with my new baby brother and I felt so alone and I felt like I was..." I started to say as I teared up.

"I felt like I wasn't me. I felt so sad, angry, frustrated, and most of all unhappy at myself. I didn't eat or sleep because I was so busy wanting that passion again. I was so scared of losing that want. But a few weeks of dancing I found this song and I just moved to it and I felt that passion again. But that month was so hard for me, my parents, my aunt, my choreographers, and most of all my passion for dance." I said and the crowd cheered and I wiped a tear off my cheek.

"But we all realize that every single person in this world celebrity or not they all have those moments that are heart breaking. We'll be back after the break." Julie said then she hugged me and I hugged her back.

I got a text from Amber and I realized that the interview was live...
A: ILY! Don't cry, best wishes.
G: Thanks Ambs, ILY!

I smiled then put my phone beside me ready to get ready for the rest of the interview. But before that my mom and dad came on to the stage and hugged me and I smiled and hugged them back. I took a deep breath and my parents ran back after they talked to me and the director started counting down for the next session.

A/N:
Hey cookies! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter it was a really deep one for Gianna. It kind of tells you something about her that wasn't in book 1. This chapter was kind of emotional for me to read I don't know why but it was. The picture above is the dress Gianna wore but it's on Bethany! I love you guys so much and thank you all for the support! Happy Reading! <3