44: Snowdrop (Final)

˖ ๋࣪⸙˖

Since I was young, the only thing I kept asking myself that I couldn't get an answer was, how does it feel to love and to be loved?

I thought I would never find the answer, but when Ringo came into my life, no words needed to use to explain how I felt, I knew it's love. Hindi lang ako napuno ng pagmamahal mula kay Ringo, dahil rin sa kanya ay marami pang puso ang bumukas at nagparamdam ng pagmamahal sa'kin, tulad ng aking mga magulang at kapatid.

Truly, Ringo was like a fallen angel that changed the entire course of my life and turned it into a better one.

I went to the flower shop where I bought the marigold that I gave to Ringo. I went to the counter and paid for a basket of marigold. Matapos 'yon ay pumunta na ako sa sasakyan at nagmaneho papunta sa San Miguel Cemetery.

From the road, I could see the ocean from afar. The sunlight danced on the water, creating a glittering effect. It was a peaceful moment that made me recall my days in San Miguel with Ringo.

It's been a month since the tragic event happened, which changed my life and everyone around me. It was the moment that made me realize that my greates horror would be losing Ringo.

Nang marating ko ang sementeryo ay naglakad ako sa mabatong daanan. As I entered the cemetery, I saw a grave made of grey marble. Carrying the basket of marigold, I walked towards the grave with a heavy heart.

"Hello! It's been a while," I said while staring at the headstone. "Kamusta ka na?"

I placed the basket of marigold on top of the grave. "I've been telling you this, and I will never be tired of telling you how much grateful I am. Hindi man tayo nagkaroon ng mahabang oras para lalong makilala ang isa't-isa, nagpapasalamat pa rin ako dahil nakilala kita. You did so much for me, for us, and I will always remind myself with the good things you did."

I lit a candle and placed it on the candle holder. With peaceful silence, I put my palms together and prayed for his soul. Matapos magdasal ay napansin ko ang matataas na damo mula sa gilid ng kanyang puntod, kaya naman binunot ko ang mga ito.

"Winston," someone called me.

I turned my head and looked to the person who called me, and then my eyes had a glimpse of Austin and Ashwin.

"Kararating mo lang ba dito?" tanong ni Ashwin.

"Oo, dumaan pa kasi ako sa flowershop kanina," sagot ko. "Bakit niyo pa ako sinundan dito?"

"I'm so bored at the hotel," said Austin. "Isa pa ay gusto rin naming makita si Ringo kaya kami pumunta dito."

Napangiti naman ako. Austin already mastered the ability of showing his emotion for other people, just like me.

"Sorry to say this but..." I smirked at him. "Ringo isn't here yet."

"Nasaan na ba siya?" iritadong tanong ni Ashwin. "I thought you will go here together?"

"Pinauna na niya ako," sagot ko. "Nandito na siguro 'yon mamaya."

While waiting, Ashwin and Austin lit a candle and also offered a prayer. It took ten minutes before Ringo came carrying a canvas bag.

"Mabuti at nandito ka na," sabi ng kapatid ko.

"Austin? Ashwin?" Ringo reacted. "Anong ginagawa niyo dito?"

"Malamang, pumunta kami para makita ka," sabi ni Ashwin at mabilis na umakbay kay Ringo.

"Kararating niyo lang kaninang umaga dito sa San Miguel, siguradong pagod kayo. You should have just stayed at the hotel. Pupuntahan ko naman kayo doon mamaya," saad ni Ringo.