| CHAPTER TWELVE | "Traitors Get Betrayed!"

| CHAPTER TWELVE; "Traitors Get Betrayed!" |
———————————————————————

| CHAPTER TWELVE; "Traitors Get Betrayed!" | ———————————————————————

AEMOND AND Rhaelys reached Rooks Rest undetected. No one on the Blacks' side knew of their presence as they hid in the middle of the woods. While Vhagar fit in perfectly with the greenery, the Cannibal stuck out like a sore thumb. Aemond wasn't worried, he knew of the dragon's stealth. He trusted both the dragon and the fifteen-year-old girl. Even if he shouldn't have. But Rhaelys did have that effect, didn't she?

Ser Criston's men marched forward, many being arrowed down. And unfortunately, it seemed as though Rhaenys was coming out with Meleys. A fact that Aemond and Rhaelys hadn't seen just yet.

Rhaelys was just about to speak when a spit of fire could be seen coming down on a large group of Green soldiers on the flatlands. Blackening the once-green grass in front of them all.

The signal was sent for Vhagar and the Cannibal. The lit arrows and the blows of horns as the burning occurred.

Rhaelys waited for Aemond's signal to her. Both the female and male dragons slowly lift from their laying position.

They were distracted upon spotting Aegon on Sunfyre flying just above them. Rhaelys looked to Aemond in hopes he'd have a plan B with Aegon now present. But he only continued to watch Aegon fly. He grunted furiously, "Idiot." He spoke in High Valyrian. "Wait, Vhagar." He continued to speak the language to his dragon.  "Not yet."

Rhaelys repeated this to the Cannibal, leaning forward as she watched him lick his mouth hungrily. Both dragons sat down again, Rhaelys turning her body to slightly face her second Uncle. "Shall we help him?" She spoke, worry clear in her voice. "We are being signaled. We must not leave him hanging." She begged. Now knowing how it felt to be the one who was begging on their knees.

"It is all part of the plan."

After a while of waiting, Rhaelys caught sight of Sunfyre's stomach being cut open. She cursed again, "Fuck the plan!" In High Valyrian. "Sōvēs!" She screamed in the language once again. Leaving the Cannibal to jump to his feet, taking flight into the air.

"You dumb bitch!" Aemond could be heard yelling from below.

She paid no mind. Rhaelys cracked her whip upon the dragon's back, yelling orders. Trying her best to get to Aegon before—

Meleys' teeth clamped down onto Sunfryes wing. "Aegon!" She yelled, hoping he'd hear. But she was much too far.

The men watched in terror as two of the world's largest dragons emerged from the wood. Flying above. The Cannibal much farther forward than Vhagar. Aemond practically chasing after Rhaelys.