| CHAPTER FOUR | Bastard Fill

| CHAPTER FOUR; Bastard Fill |
———————————————

| CHAPTER FOUR; Bastard Fill | ———————————————

AEGON WAS finally getting the hang of being King of the Seven Kingdoms. He was confident and slowly realizing that his mother was not able to control him any longer. And with that, he began to take a better liking to Aemond and Rhaelys.

While the two themselves were in a sort of rough patch after the murder of Luke, they still did their best to put their issues aside to stay loyal to Aegon.

Aemond understood that he was the original reason that Lucaerys had died, but he at the least did feel sorry for what he did. But he could tell that Rhaelys did not. He didn't understand why...and he hated to feel as though he didn't understand. He intended to have a conversation with her, but the right time hadn't come.

But young Aemond was not the only one who was having a war in their mind regarding Rhaelys. Alicent was as well. As much as she loved the girl, just as much as she did her own children, she partly blamed her for the start of the war. As she did with Aemond as well.

Aemond and Rhaelys could tell how she felt. They knew it. Alicent Hightower was not as skilled in hiding her emotions, as she had been in the past. In her prime. But now that she was out of her prime. It was their turn.

Aegon, of course, didn't care what Rhaelys had done. She was still his favorite, and everyone knew it. Even she. And while Rhaelys could sense what was happening in his mind regarding her, she tried to avoid it. She was but a child of five and ten, not a grown woman.

He was her eldest uncle, who was married to her aunt. Rhaelys loved Helaena more than anyone, she felt a great sense of protection over the girl and her children. She would die before she slept with Aegon, she couldn't ever dream of betraying her innocent aunt.

Rhaelys had many worries, now that she had returned home. And she could not add her side of the war to that list. She simply was not strong enough to hold off two sides.

It hadn't been long since the battle in the sky. Aegon was alone in his council with no one he truly liked. Every person who had a seat in his council, he disliked. He distrusted, in some ways. So, he took it upon himself to deal with that issue.

And his first plan? Was to add Aemond and Rhaelys.

That was exactly where he was headed at the very moment, he needed to find his heir before fetching Rhaelys.

-

There she was, sitting right beside Helaena as the dreamer worked on embroidery for her husband's clothing. Rhaelys was sitting there happily, finally feeling peace after a stressful couple of weeks. A smile was planted on her face as she admired her concentrated aunt.