| CHAPTER NINETEEN | The Scrapy Princess

| CHAPTER NINETEEN; The Scrapy Princess |
—————————————————————

| CHAPTER NINETEEN; The Scrapy Princess | —————————————————————

RHAELYS WAS IN THE courtyard, standing alone as she watched Alicent and Gwayne speak to one another. She then looked to Criston, realizing that she hadn't spoken to him.

She knew that she had something to scold him about. Due to the fact that she hadn't been able to get her anger out recently, she decided to approach the Dornish man.

Her face was blank as she made it up to him, he nodded, "Princess."

She mocked him, "Ser Criston." Sighing, she glanced around. "Was it you or Ser Gwayne whom saw it clever to bring life to that dramatic scene after Rooks Rest?"

He bowed his head slightly, avoiding her eyes, "Twas the both of us, Princess. To show Aegon's bravery."

The girl would scoff in reply, a small smile of disbelief coming about her face. "Yes. Aegon's bravery as he fell to the ground by Aemond's fire, barely given a chance to battle."

Criston frowned, shameful that he was choosing a side between two boys that he felt as if he were a father to. Having chosen Aemond's side of all people. "I had to do it."

"You paraded the dragon's head in the streets." She raised her voice slightly, stepping closer to unintentionally intimidate him.

It did not work, but he grew slightly uncomfortable under her now fiery gaze. "The small folk see those dragons as gods, our support is gone. We have been portrayed as weak and will be punished for it! Those dragons were the cause of us being seen as closer to Gods than to men. And what now? You have shown to the whole city that even dragons can be overpowered!"

Everyone was now looking, Alicent quickly bid her goodbyes to Gwayne before walking speedily toward Rhaelys and grabbing her hand.

"Might I suggest we take Helaena to the Sept for comfort?" The Queen desperately looked for eye contact with the Princess, hoping to calm her.

It was only when she placed a hand on the young Targaryen girl's cheek did Rhaelys look at the woman. Her angered eyes softened as she looked at her motherly figure. She nodded, "I apologize." She'd mumble to the Hightower woman before making her way to Helaena's chambers.

-

The women walked side by side past the smallfolk who were so clearly glaring holes into them. Whispering obscenities and holding back from attacking. Seeing their guards not far behind the ladies.