| CHAPTER THIRTEEN | The Exiled Boy

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN; The Exiled Boy |
———————————————————

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN; The Exiled Boy | ———————————————————

TWO DAYS passed. Aegon had not yet been brought to his bed. The men had worked to cut off Meleys' head in order to parade it through the streets of Kings Landing.

When Rhaelys had been woken up, it was as if she thought it all a bad dream. Waking up with a smile, "You will not believe what I—," She began, starting to tell Ser Criston about her dream. But as she realized what she was doing, where she was. She went mad.

She felt the hot metal on her fingertips, her heart dropping. Her eyes fell to the body below her. And just then did she burst into screams and wails. Aemond did not make it any better as he roughly grabbed a hold of her while the men took Aegon away.

"I will take care of you now, Niece." The evil boy would whisper into her ear with a conniving smirk. She fell limp in his arms, back pressed against his chest.

He admired her dirty, helpless face. The way her lip wobbled as she tried to hold back her cries, watching her companion carefully get taken away.

Slowly, she turned her head to weakly look up at Aemond. Her eyes barely open, "How is your hand?" She spoke knowingly before looking down at his bandaged hand.

Aemond did not answer.

-

When they returned to Kings Landing, back to the red keep, they began to ready the head for take off down the streets. Rhaelys was forced into a bath.

She was told that she was lucky to have gotten out of battle successfully with not a single scratch upon her. But she did not see herself lucky. If only it had been her instead of Aegon. Gods, she could not imagine what he would look like now. She dreaded figuring this out. She hoped that the Valyrian steel protected him from the fire.

She doubted it.

She was dressed in another green dress, reminding her of what side she was on. Reminding her of her duties. She knew that she was at risk after having seen what Aemond did. But she had a plan. It would take work...

Rhaelys caught sight of Aemond and Alicent watching from above as the red dragon's head was rolled past the terrified peasants. She approached and stood beside Aemond. Close beside him.

He could not help but spare her a glance. His calm facade was slightly breaking, confused as to why she was so close. Or why she was even standing near him in the first place. After what he had done to her most loved kin. He found it suspicious.