| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | A Motherly Kiss

| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; A Motherly Kiss |
————————————————————

| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; A Motherly Kiss | ————————————————————

NOT LONG AFTER LARYS exited the Princess' chamber, she also left. Heading toward Aegon's room where he was supposedly still awake.

As she walked speedily, Rogar jogged up slightly so that he could catch up and speak to her. "Princess, shall I stay outside of His Grace's chambers?"

She shook her head, "Mm, that won't be necessary. You may enter with me."

He bowed his head, falling back slightly for her to walk ahead once again.

They arrived at their destination, and the guards opened his doors for the two. Rhaelys sighed as she approached her maimed friend, Rogar standing by the window behind her.

Aegon could only open one eye, it seemed. He did not try to speak, searching his Niece's face for any sense of disgust. None was found, to his relief. His eyesight shifted to the guard behind her. He didn't recognize this one.

He grunted slightly as he looked at the man, "Who...?" He wheezed hard, so quiet and inaudible that Rhaelys almost didn't catch it.

"Him?" She spoke in a soft tone as if he were a child, nodding her head toward Rogar. Aegon grunted once again. "He is my protector... A Hornwood." The king felt a wave of relief come upon him. He had been worrying that she was unsafe around Aemond. Especially after she witnessed what happened. But she then spoke again, "Aemond hired him." She finished.

Aegon began trying to shake his head, making odd sounds of dismay at the mention of his brother's name. She began shushing him, trying to calm him and save him from causing more harm to his injuries.

"Rogar, perhaps 'tis best you wait outside for me."

"My Princess." He mumbled, "My King." He spoke louder, trying to look the older Targaryen in the eye before he took his leave.

Rhaelys leaned forward, "Do you remember?" Aegon hesitantly nodded, which was definitely different from what he had told Aemond. But Rhaelys was not aware. "All you need to worry about is your recovery. I have this under control, I have plans."

Aegon felt a slight sense of security as he looked at the girl he trusted so. He knew he should have listened to her, he was lucky that she wasn't angry with him.

"Don't fear Rogar. He has only sworn to you and I, not Aemond." She grabbed his hand in an attempt to make him listen closer, "But he is playing as a sort of spy for Aemond's benefit. Do not speak to him." She ordered him seriously, rubbing her thumb on his palm. "I will get into his head soon enough, and he will then be our ally." She finished all she had to say to Aegon.