| CHAPTER SIXTEEN | The Manipulation Tactics

| CHAPTER SIXTEEN; The Manipulation Tactics |
———————————————————————

| CHAPTER SIXTEEN; The Manipulation Tactics | ———————————————————————

FOR THE NEXT FEW days, Rhaelys spent her time trying to sway her two newest handmaidens. One was the younger girl of ten and two, the other being the old age of thirty and seven. It seemed as though the elder woman was acting as the little one's guide.

This made sense when Rhaelys realized that neither woman could yet be convinced to betray Aemond and be loyal to their Princess.

Ser Rogar, on the other hand...

The young Princess found herself speaking to him for most of her time during the day. She tried to get to know him, trying her best to make him question his loyalty to the Prince Regent.

They were of the same age, Rogar only a couple of moons her elder. Which gave the Velaryon girl a sense of hope that he would turn to her.

By the third and current day, she sensed something different in him. She could tell that he would still act as both messenger and spy for Aemond. But she knew that the boy would still protect her. She could feel him growing closer, only falling into her plan perfectly over time.

She was expected at Council soon, having just woken up. Her ladies were dressing her into a dress much similar to the Queen Alicent's, only with a slight train at the back of her skirts. Created with silks and sheers.

Rogar stood right beside Rhaelys as they walked toward their destination. The doors opened, and everyone watched as they entered.

She took her seat, Rogar standing behind her from a distance, keeping watch over the room. Aemond gave the man a look, to which Alicent caught onto. Suspiciously eyeing the Princess' protector.

She wondered if he was fit to protect her.

Not too long after, a letter was given to Prince Aemond from Jason Lannister. Ser Tylands Twin.

The Targaryen man read it before crumpling it up and tossing it onto the table. "He dares to summon...me?" Aemond snarled in offense. "With haste?" He came toward the table.

Serves you right, Rhaelys would think to herself, shifting her gaze away from the Prince to glance at the window to her right.

"Are the Lannisters so diminished that they cannot March from the Tooth to Harrenhall without an escort?"

Tyland let out a breathy chuckle, "There is a large dragon in the Riverlands, your Grace. My brother's army is strong, but it does—," The Lord was then cut off by the impatient man.