N I N E T E E N

"Lele, I'm here!"

Jisung waddled into Chenle's dorm completely unannounced. It wasn't uncommon between the two boys, Chenle even gave Jisung a spare key.

He saw Chenle on the couch swaddled up in a blanket, his dog on his lap. He immediately ran over, hearts in his eyes.

"Daegal!" He immediately swung the dog off of Chenle's lap, holding her in his arms.

"You love my dog more than me," Chenle grumbled under his breath as he pulled the blanket off of him and stood up, stretching his arms. "Why are you here anyway?"

"I felt like it," Jisung shrugged, spinning the dog around in his arms. "Can I sleep here?"

"You would do that even if I said no," Chenle sneered as he walked over to the kitchen to pour the two a glass of water.

He brought it back to the main area and the two sat down on the couch, Daegal sitting in the middle. Jisung snatched the TV remote, changing the soapy drama Chenle was watching to an action movie.

"Hey, I was watching that!" Chenle protested.

"Too bad, we're watching X Men now," Jisung shrugged. He just wanted something, anything, to get his mind off of Naeun. 

He wanted to take her somewhere today, but he quickly learned that she already had plans with Daehan. The disappointed waltzed his ass over to Chenle's dorm as soon as he found out, figuring he would hanging out with him instead. Bros before hoes, right?

It's bros before hoes but not before your queens.

"I miss her," Jisung murmured, staring at his phone in hope for a call,  text message, anything. He did get a notification, but it only made his mood worse.

Naeun had updated her Instagam story.

Jisung's grip on his phone tightened, a frown subconsciously forming on his face

Jisung's grip on his phone tightened, a frown subconsciously forming on his face. He was jealous. Extremely jealous. No denial or anything. He hated that he was feeling this way, since he had no right to tell the girl who she should and shouldn't be hanging out with.

He wanted to be the one who hung out with her. He wanted to be the one she took cute, aesthetic photos with.

Chenle peered over his phone to see what Jisung was frowning at and instantly came into realization once he saw the picture. He sighed, shaking his head. Chenle took Jisung's phone, powering it off and shoving it in the pocket of his trousers.

"Hey, what was that for!" 

"You're going to be looking at that picture all day if I didn't take you phone," Chenle deadpanned. The boy took a deep breath and gripped both of Jisung's shoulders.

"Dude, I understand. I've been friend zoned, brother zoned, heck, I was even sister zoned once-"

"What the hell? How did that happened?"

"Not the point, not the point," Chenle cleared his throat and redirected the conversation. "As I was saying, I understand how much it hurts, Jiji, I've been there. But there's really nothing you can do about it. The only solution is to move on."

"But how?" Jisung whined, burying his head into Chenle's shoulder.

"Well I don't fucking know, you just kind of...do it!"

"You're not helping, LeLe!"

"Look man, I don't know how to do this shit!"

The two collapsed back on the couch, Jisung's head nuzzled into Chenle's shoulder. This was normal behavior between them and no one questioned it.

"I'm hopelessly in love," Jisung sighed.

"Wait, you're in love with her?" Chenle suddenly sat up, knocking the boy's head off of his shoulder.

"I mean, I know what I feel isn't simple attraction anymore. Like, when I saw her first at my race, I just thought she was really pretty. Honestly back then all I wanted was a one night stand. But now...I know it's not just attraction anymore, it's a lot more than that."

"Ooh, Jisungie is all grown up now~" Chenle drawled out teasingly, nudging the boy with his elbow. "Now go tell Naeun that instead of ranting about it to me."

"Well why don't you go tell Juri about your crush on her instead of ranting about it to me?"

Chenle shut up after that.

"Exactly," Jisung huffed, going back to watching the movie on the TV.

He did want to properly confess to the girl. His only forms of confessions were randomly telling her he likes her or his non stop flirting, but he had never genuinely told her his full thoughts. Jisung wasn't shy by any means, he was just scared of her answer. Scared of losing the bond they already had.

He would much rather have her as just a friend than not have her in his life at all. 

Even if it hurt him inside.

i'm in a writer's block right now ya'll pls be patient with me
and i may or may not have a renjun book coming up after stuck is over ;)