Chapter 28

Kai, Age Twenty Seven
---
My condo is unrecognizable. What used to be a luxurious and modern looking space now looked like it was hit by a tornado.

Hindi 'rin nakalampas sa akin ang condo ni Calliope. I blacked out and before I knew it, her own condo was also in a chaotic mess courtesy of my hands. Amazingly, the room she used as a studio was left intact. I somehow knew not to destroy her art despite the haze of anger that almost took over my sanity.

Surprisingly, her father didn't call the police on me. Nagulat man sa nakita na estado ng condo ng anak niya, mas nanaig pa'rin ang pag-aalala niya kay Calliope. He did punch me though, which I welcomed with open arms as I know I deserved more than just a mere punch.

In a matter of hours, search parties were deployed. My money flew from left to right, but I didn't care how much I had to spend. I just needed to find her as soon as possible.

"She's safe. That's all I know."

I held myself back from taking out my anger on Leyton when he refused to tell me anything else. How the hell does he get to be the last person my Calliope spoke with before she disappeared? Mas matatanggap ko 'pa siguro kung ang papa o mga kapatid niya. Leyton denied knowing any other information of her whereabouts and it pains me to admit that I believe him. Hindi niya magagawang itago sa akin 'yon kung alam niya.

It's been a full month and we still don't know where she is. Her dad and brothers are actively looking for her and I know Calum didn't take the news of his sister's sudden disappearance well. May trauma na din siya sa pagkawala ni Atasha. Kaya nang sinuntok niya ako ng ilang ulit ay hinayaan ko siya. His punches hurt like a motherfucker but I endured it. Mas masakit pa din ang dibdib ko sa bawat araw na lumipas na hindi ko nahahanap ang kapatid niya.

She was last sighted in Caticlan where she left the Mini Cooper I had custom-made for her because I know how much she loves to have everything in red. Personal na pinuntahan at kinuha ko ang sasakyan na nakapark sa pyer. Siguro ay naalala niya ang sinabi ko sa kanya na may tracker system ang sasakyan kaya iniwan niya iyon.

And because I was panicking and too angry to think clear, hindi ko agad naisip na may tracker nga pala ang sasakyan niya. Edi sana ay nasundan ko kaagad siya. Galit na napasuklay ako sa buhok ko.

I wished she just brought the car with her because the veins in my head are about to explode thinking about her safety.

My Calliope didn't know how to ride a fucking bus for pete's sake! I've heard of horror stories about women being raped or being kidnapped from riding a bus. I'm especially concerned about her safety in the hands of some fucking bus driver. Hindi nila alam kung gaano ka importante ang buhay ng taong nasa loob ng minamaneho nilang bus.

Hindi na namin alam kung saan siya nagpunta matapos 'non. The provincial and local police units all over Visayas were already notified and instructed to look out for her but there were still no news of her. Fuck. How difficult was it to find a single girl?

"Alexandra is in the hospital again," narinig kong sabi ni dad sa akin na biglang sumulpot sa gilid ko.

I clenched my jaw and fixed my eyes at the pool in front of me. The soft glow of the light from the moon reflects on the surface of the water.

Alexandra can drop dead for all I care. Call me a devil all you want but I don't care about anything else other than finding Calliope.

"Did you hear me?" pangungulit niya. "The doctors believed this is the end of the rope. The food poisoning she had worsened her already fatal situation. She only has a few days to live as per the oncologists."

I nodded. "Good. About fucking time she die."

He exhaled, not even shocked to hear those words from me. Alam na alam niya na hindi ako sang-ayon sa mga plano nila ng pinsan niya. Because, what the fucking hell were they thinking?