20~ The Devil's Game

Praying- Isabel LaRosa
________
The thin line between love and hate can break. Never forget.
__________

People die. People kill. People suffer from life.

Only few try to get back to it, to let go of the rage that has been built deep inside them, boiling, burning, craving to get out.

To burst.

I always had the need to knock, but that need never got answered. So I took the door down.

I always thought I wasn't enough. I always knew I was strong, I just had weaknesses in me too.

I destroyed it.

Having a weakness makes people target you, when you don't, they are scared of you.

I was scared. I was my own weakness. I was my own target.

I paid my price and now they are paying theirs. Everyone including my soon to be husband who will also soon end up dead.

I have three weeks for my wedding to take place and I have to make him fall in love with me and, until now, I have failed miserably. Today I need to act softer in body language, in my eyes, in my touches.

I'm going to make him fall and no one is going to stop him.

Walking downstairs I saw Louis and Pierce on the couch, a deadly gaze in my soon to be dead fiancé's eyes and a matching expression from the guy who loved me as his own child.

I hid behind a wall in the hallway, listening to the conversation.

"How do you know her and don't fucking lie." Alonzo said, his body positioned calmly on the couch, his words deep, cold, calculated but a threat of venom you could taste from miles away came from them.

Louis smiled.

"Like I have told you a thousand times already, I used to give her mathematic lessons. Her father is unaware of this because she sought me herself. Wanted to show her father that she did something on her own." He answered the threat with the same voice, a voice that held venom.

He didn't lie. He just didn't continue the story.

Pierce was about to loose that calm facade on his face, I could see it. The way he gripped his phone in one hand, the other a fist under his jaw.

He opened his mouth again.

"And she got so fond of your mathematic lessons that she almost cried when she saw you?" He tried to get a reaction out of Louis, but he was getting none.

After all, he trained me.

The moment I saw shit was about to break loose I walked into the room so the two males could be aware of my presence.

One side of Louis's mouth dipped up, like he knew I was listening and interrupted when I thought would be necessary.

"Morning." I called while I headed to the stools of the kitchen to eat some food. Then I realized there was none and had to make some myself.

"Slept well?" Louis questioned me but instead of having time to answer, Pierce responded.

"Of course she is. She has taken my bed. I spent a lot for it to be that way." Yet, he seemed not to sleep even out of it.

"I work." Was his excuse.

But I knew it wasn't true.

Why didn't he sleep? Did he go somewhere? And if he did, how much hours of sleep did he take?

I would ask later, but firstly I needed to take Louis to my headquarter.

"Louis." I called his name and brought the attention of both men in my direction.