1~Clandestine

Castle- Halsey

_________________________

"You aren't weak if you act like you are, you simply are fooling people by not seeing through you."

__________________________

His house was on the last 2 floors of a 76 story building which was located in a zone in New York called Billionaire's row.

In the first floor of his penthouse, there was a kitchen, a living room with a big sofa at the center, and an enormous window through which one could see the entire city. It also had 3 bathrooms, a room secured with a digital lock, and a swimming pool, which provided an amazing view of New York City.

Climbing the stairs he grabbed me by my wrist, stopping me.

"Don't make any mistakes. You can sleep in the bed, and I'll sleep on the couch. Got it?" He squeezed my wrist tighter, but his expression didn't change.

"Come on, I'm not a kid," I replied, feeling insulted.

"You act like one." He told me, a feeling of relief took lead through my body as he took his hand off.

I didn't respond, just continued walking up the stairs and he started walking in the opposite direction.

As I walked up to the second floor, the first thing I noticed was a large hallway, modern like the rest of the house, paintings hanging on the wall. Walking through it, I found myself in his bedroom. His bedroom was simple, inhospitable like he was.

The centerpiece of the room was a magnificent king-sized bed, flanked by nightstands on either side. To the right, stood a nightstand beside a black door, while above the headboard hung a painting crafted with a faded color palette. It was dark, like whoever painted it was troubled to sleep. It showed creativity. It showed like whoever created it was held captive, feeling like there were a shadow behind him or her. But it was the most beautiful I had ever laid my eyes upon. The blended colors, the way the black ruled over the dark green, how it felt, dark, rich, elegant, troubled and captivating. And in the left nightstand, beside it, was a bathroom door.

The wall opposite the bed, had an enormous tv hung on the wall. Below it was an electric fireplace.

The wall in between was nothing more than a floor to ceiling window which clearly demonstrated almost all of New York.

Curious about the black door which was clearly his office, I headed towards it. Before I could enter, he took me by my wrist, pulling my body closer to his chest.

I felt his calm breath against my neck, and my wrist getting red from his grip.

"I said: don't go anywhere. And don't mess with anything, especially my office."
His grip tightened around my hand, I bitted my lip, blocking the whimper trying to escape my mouth. He couldn't see my face anyways.

"And who the fuck are you trying to tell me what to do?" I asked trying to release my hand from his grip.

I felt his hands go to my waist, holding me tight and in seconds I was pressed at the nearest wall. His hand slowly came up my body, his hand around my neck, applying little pressure. I didn't show fear, I stared back and smiled.

"What's your name?" He asked in that cold voice of his, his face showing not a glimpse of emotion, and the pressure on my neck grew.  I wasn't showing weakness. I knew he wouldn't kill me, so I didn't have any reason to make him move. He needed money, and power.

"Estelle Adler Camelli." I said, no doubt.

"Cherish it for how much time you have left. Soon enough, you will be Mrs. Pierce." He said coldly, breathing close to my neck, his body pressed against mine.