Chapter: 9: Renewed

“Set them on fire and throw the ashes in the air like confetti!” Courtney proclaims.

“Or you can just throw them in the trash can.” Vivia suggest.

                                                                              I was having a sleepover with Courtney and Vivia, which usually wasn’t allowed with my parents since it is a school night, but they understood the state I was in. I was looking through a album of all the memories I had with James, and remembering them was like my heart was still in the moment and it hurts too much to just throw them away without a care in the world, because I still do care … very much.

“Or, I can hang on to them and cherish each moment like it was the present!” I exclaim, it was meant to be a joke but their eyes were even more saddened then when they came, and I busted out into tears.

“It’ll be okay! God has someone much better for you that you’ll forget all about him!” Vivia says trying to comfort me. I shake my head in disagreement, while Courtney hands me a tissue.

“I had my first kiss with him, he is the only guy I ever dated, and he knew me so well …”

“We can sit here all night and try to make you feel better but it’s all up to you Av, you either let go or hold on till God knows when. But one thing that will always stick with you is moving on. Life will go on rather your with it, or you’re not; it all depends on how you spend them.” Courtney says shrugging her shoulders.

“Wow.” I and Vivia say at the same time.

“What?” Courtney says curious.

“We’re usually the ones giving you the advice.” Is all I say.

“I really appreciate you guys, it means a lot that you would do this for me, I know how it can be being on the other end … spending the night with a friend with a broken heart … It’s not fun.” I say, blowing my nose, and they chuckle.

“Is that laughing I hear?” My mother says coming through the door with hot soup and crackers on a tray.

“Are you feeling better, hon?” My mother asks me.

“Not exactly.” I say.

“You know, I too went through a break up.” She starts.