Chapter: 22: Please Don't Go

Today was the day that universities all over the county send out acceptance letters. I was all at the same time anxious and thrilled about today. Thinking about it now my thoughts go back to the time when I served all my volunteer hours, kept up my grades, and got involved with school clubs, thanks to James and started my own club, I knew the odds were in my favor.

          I was in the middle of the kitchen brewing some coffee as I watched my mother walk up the pavement, then into the porch, and into the house with the mail tucked under her left arm as she was beginning to read the newspaper on her right. Instead of meeting up with her half way to the house and ram her for any letters of mine, I waited patiently as she shuffled through the letters to hand them to me.

          She pulled out two envelops and all though my hands were anxious to wrap my fingers around them and tear them open with my teeth, I obediently kicked into my manners. On the left corner was printed Southeastern University with the address printed underneath the title. I slipped the tips of my fingers in between the remaining unsealed flaps and quickly ran my finger through to open. I slide out a folded packet of paper and unfold to the first page and started reading the information below.

Ava S. Raincferd

7770 South Oak St.

Palmaganet, FL 33458

Dear, Ava

Congratulations! On behalf of the Admission Committee, I am pleased to offer you the Fall 2020 entering classes at Southeastern University as a Mission Leader Major in are Ministry Program.

          “Yes! I made it!” I say shouting into the Heavens, while throwing the letter in the air like confetti.

          “That’s great hon.” My mother says as she watches the letter fall to the ground and when it does she sets her coffee down to read it herself.

          Without any anticipation I open the next letter that was from Warner University. I eventually being accepted to both universities didn’t think of what I would narrow it down to from here. But I didn’t have time to think about it now, now was the time that me and my family went out to celebrate.

                                                A Month Later...

          I had to get a lot of courage to be here today. I didn't want to ever see Vivia in this place ever again, but it's for the best. I had a lot to tell her that I don't think she'll be happy about. I prayed to God up until this day that when I'm gone she'll have him to rely on. I can't carry this weight anymore; it's too much for me to carry around with for long.

          It's been 3 weeks since Vivia has been going to Timberline Knolls, I treatment center that she stays at. From time to time I would come over to see how she's doing and she is slowly but progressing to getting better.

          We walked down the spirally path to the lake and sat at a bench. Her counselor stood at a distance from us, supervising us just in case anything got out of hand which never really happened during our visits.

          "How have you been?" I say turning back to look at her.

          "Better." She says relieved.

          "My Therapy counselor's think I've been doing a lot better during our visits ... I guess you could pretty much see how that works out." She continued smiling brightly.

          It's true. I say to myself. When it comes to Vivia and I, I shine the light in her darkest areas. But I hoping I won't have to take that responsibility up for long.

          "I'm happy for you Vivia. I hope that you will do just as fine without me and find your strength within God--."

          "I do! I'm growing stronger everyday with our relationship." She says proudly.

          I shake my head up and down.

          "I won't be able to visit you for some time. I'm starting Fall classes at Southeastern ..." I look back her to see her reaction and it's calm ... On the outside that is ...

          "I'll be back as soon as I'm done, and maybe by then you'll be out of here." I say positively, all though I didn't feel positive saying it.

          "Yeah ... I'll really miss you." She said semi-happily.

          "You have to do your thing, and I'll have to do mine." She said after a long pause.

           "I just-- wish you didn't have to go so soon, and all ... I won't have anyone else and my mother won't see me ..."

          "My mother will." I bud in, feeling bad.

          "You could call me." I add.

           She thought about this before saying that she had to go, and got up and left.

                                                                       ************

          After moving in and settling into my dorm everyday for a week I've been calling and trying to reach her... since then, that was the last time I heard from Vivia.

"Sing Me A Love Song" By: Barlow Girl

The tension is thick in the air

Making it hard to see

I fear what is to come

And what will become of me

I say a prayer help me not run away

Will you please hold me

And sing me a love song again

Say the words that heal my heart

sing me a love song and then

Let your words remind me who I am

You've never failed me before

Why do I feel betrayed

If I close my heart to you now

The darkness would have its way

I crave your voice help me not fall away

Will you please hold me

'Cause you are all I need

And all that I want is you with me

You are all I need

And all that I want is you with me