Chapter: 14: Shock

Courtney’s POV

                                                                                      I hop out of Michael’s car running after him so we can handle this out rationally.

                  “Michael waits!” I say and he comes to a stop at the school doors.

               “Why would you think it would be okay for you to ask me to go to church with you? Are you into this craps?” He asks honestly, and I’m afraid to answer without feel dumb about bringing up this whole thing.

                    I think before I answer and I just blurt out whatever’s on my mind just so that he won’t leave again and that will mean the end of us.

                 “I don’t know Michael! I was wondering why my friend is so interested in this thing, and I thought that if I just try it out … that--.”

           “That what?! You believe that there is some good and loving God out there making imperfect humans that only corrupt evil in this world and effing up society?” He says staring at me like I’ve loosed my mind, and when I think about it now and it doesn’t make sense that there would be an actual ‘good’ God in this world … but the question that remains is why are there people that always attend church if there wasn’t?

               “Why would anyone worship a bad God?--.”

               “Hope.” He says cutting me off, still giving me a look.

              “Hope?” I ask curiously.

            “It’s the only thing they have in this world, the only thing that makes life worth living for, they’ve become stubborn, clingy, and imaginative in their insanity that they start telling people about their God. It’s sick.” He says with a disgusted tone.

           “And I suggest you stay far away from those low life’s, good thing I’m here to keep you away from them … that is if you still want to be together?” He continues

            I didn’t know what to do or say at this point, but to only think about how I could tell Ava without breaking her healing heart after her break up with James.

                                                               James POV

                 After school I’m walking with Heather to the parking lot, and I can’t help but look at those who are looking back at us. Heather is now about 11 weeks and she is showing signs of her pregnancy. I think that now is the time that she should start online classes, she’ll still be able to do the same work that we do and graduate.

                 I go over to the passenger’s side and opened the door for her and I watch as she goes in. I’m glad that she isn’t going through the hormonal phase everything seems to be going well and she seems calmer now. I walk over to the drives side and get into the car, when we out of school zone a wave of relief flows over me. No one looking over my and Heather’s shoulder. It’s like the longer we’re the attract of attention the longer they keep talking about us exceptional with the whole pregnancy they might be talking about us for the whole 9 months!

           “How was your day?” I ask caringly.

          “Same as every other day …” She says in a tired tone. She slumped over in her seat looking out the window with her arms wrapped around herself.

         “I was thinking that maybe you should take online classes … I figured you wouldn’t like the attention your getting around the school--.”

        “Seems like you can’t take the heat … Gosh James it’s like you have your own back and nobody else’s!” She says angrily.

        “I’m looking out for you Heather. You. If you don’t want my help then fine.” I say making it the end of this conversation; I can’t suggest something to her without being accused and seeking things out for my own good. I don’t know what this will mean for us, but I know it’s not going to be good.

         “It’s already been done.” She says giving in. I turn towards her to look at her face and it seems more then tired more like depressed … or ill?

          “You ok?” I ask suspiciously, ignoring her statement.  Her face seemed to be turning pale and I wondered if it was just first signs of her hormones or maybe pregnancy sickness.

         “Principal Hopkins found out from another student that I was pregnant and when he called me into his office and he saw my stomach he immediately rearranged everything for me without bothering to give me options.” She says, sadly and ignoring the recent question I had asked her.

         She rubbed her hand on her forehead and combed her hair with her fingers as she let out a sigh.

          “It’s going to be alright.” I say as a statement and not as something to give her hope to make her feel better. I meant it and I wanted to make it happen for her. I didn’t want to be just some baby daddy; I wanted to be a part of her and my child’s life.

          “No it’s not …” She says objecting. I was at a stop light when I heard Heathers hands smacking against the passage door window. I turned to see what she was doing and her whole body was jerk rigorously against anything that was in its way. I start to panic at the realization that she was having a seizure.