Flashcards and Math

~Sting's P.O.V.~

I watched as Crystal left the room when her mom gave her a glare.  She flashed me a weak smile before she left, but that didn't comfort me. I gulped as the door gently closed and I was left alone with Dr. Rose. Said doctor turned to me with a serious expression. She reached into her coat's pocket and pulled...

...Flashcards?

"Um..." I sweatdropped. There were a bunch of a numbers and signs I did not recognize on the card.

2(x+3) = 4(y+9)
x=4(6245z+7345-954*36)
z=469

"Yeah, I know, they're too easy for a high schooler like you," she sighed. "But, we only use these flashcards for kids and this set was the most advanced we have, and we don't come across amnesiacs everyday.." I blinked, not sure what to do. They just looked like random numbers and letters.

"E-er..." I said because I wasn't sure what kind of answer she wanted me to say.

"Just solve the equation," she said as if it was obvious.  Sweat dripped down my head in nervousness as I was not sure what to do at all.  "C'mon, you don't have to be nervous," she said in a soothing tone.  I probably look nervous on the outside, but that's not the problem... I thought in my head.  Dr. Rose frowned and set down the card, instead taking ahold of her clipboard and flipping through papers on it. "Brain scans seem fine.." she murmured to herself, but I was somehow able to hear it.  I also heard a voice outside the room. I soon realized I recognize the voice.  "Crystal?" I said out loud, catching her mom's attention to me, but I didn't care.  My eyes widened as I heard a crash and a squeal outside, making me instinctively jump out of the bed and run out the room, despite of my pounding head.

~Crystal's P.O.V.~

Using my feet, I pushed the chair I was sitting on back and forth. It was a habit I had when I was anxious. I was not a person who could sit still. What if Mom finds out he has a magic lacrima in him? What if he's sent to a lab to be dissected?!? I mentally slapped myself. "No, get a hold of yourself Crystal! He's fine..perfectly fine..peeerfectly fine..." I tried to convince myself.  What I didn't realize was that I was pushing the chair too hard.  Unfortunately, I realized too late and I let out a high pitched squeal as I fell backwards.

~Back To Sting's P.O.V.~

"Crystal!" I said her name when I was outside of my room and ran over to her. She was on the floor with a tipped-over chair.

"That hurt..." she muttered to herself, rubbing her head. I knelled down next to her and examined her.

"You're not hurt too bad are you??" I frowned, looking everywhere for signs of blood or injury.

"I'm fine I'm fine, jeez.." Crystal huffed and stood up. She dusted off her skirt and suddenly grabbed ahold of the white hospital shirt I was wearing.  "ARE YOU IN TROUBLE? DID YOU GET HURT?? YOU DON'T NEED ANOTHER X-RAY DO YOU?!" I sweatdropped as she shook me back and forth.

"I-I'm f-fine to-oo.." I shakily said, trying to make her stop.  Hearing my words, Crystal stopped shaking me and sighed with relief.

"Good.." she sighed, resting her head on my chest.  I could feel my face flush red as I felt her long black hair slightly tickle my chin. 

"*cough*" Both of our eyes flew open as we realized that Crystal's mother had been watching us.  Crystal immediately pushed herself away from me, pink splashing her cheeks.

"S-sorry.." she chuckled nervously, scratching her cheek in embarrassment.

"I-it's fine," I stuttered, but then grinned.  She gave me a toothy smile back, and then turned to her mom.

"What did you need to talk with him alone anyways?" she huffed, childishly crossing her arms.

"Math," she deadpanned, making Crystal blink.

"M-math?" she repeated confusingly.

"Yup."

"Why math?" she asked. "Why did you have me leave the room so that you could do math?!"

"Reasons," she shrugged. "Right now, the main thing is that you shouldn't be up Sting." She cocked her eyebrows at me.

"Ehehe.." I sheepishly smile and scratch the back of my neck, but my legs suddenly felt limp and Crystal had to come over and put my arm over her back to help support me. Dr. Rose shook her head but suppressed a grin.

"Okay, you should go back to resting," she said, helping me go back into the room.  The two of them both helped me back on the bed, making me frown.

"Wait, but I thought you wanted me to tell you what i was thinking about," I told Crystal.  At first she was surprised, but then she gave me another one of her toothy grins.

"I can wait," she smiled brightly, making my face heat up again. 

"Okay then..." I stared right into her crystal blue eyes before slowly closing mine and eventually falling asleep.

~Crystal's P.O.V.~

I locked eyes with Sting's oceanic blue ones before he closed them and fell asleep.  "Crystal." I slightly jumped as Mom put one of her hands on my shoulder. 

"Yeah?" I replied in a soft tone as to not wake him up.

"You might want to release your hand from Sting's," she chuckled.  My eyes widened and I quickly released my hand from Sting's when I realized I actually was holding it.  Mom quietly laughed and led me out of the room. 

Once she had slowly let go of the doorknob, I crossed my arms again.  "So, why did you make me leave the room just to show Sting some flashcards?" I asked.

"I've been talking with some of the other doctors, who say that because school has already started, Sting should go back to school, however, because of his amnesia we're not sure what school year he is in or what his education is like," Mom explained. 

"True," I admitted. 

"Yes, and because of this I tried to see if he at the very least knew algebra, but it seems that he is too shy and nervous around me to tell me," she sighed, but then she glanced at me with a glint of amusement in her eyes.  "Buuuuuut, when he heard you..."  Blood rose to my cheeks. 

"I-I don't know what you mean," I lied. 

"Hehe, I see you have a crush huh?" Mom smirked.  "I can see why though, he's certainly more..attractive than other boys your age and you are around the age to have crushes.."

"M-mom!" I blushed.  "Moms are suppose to not like their daughters to have crushes and boyfriends!"

"Well, you are 16 Crystal, and I'm not a normal mom," she smiled cheekily.  I sighed and grumbled under my breath.  "Anyways, the point is that I would like to request something of you."

"W-what is it this time?" I asked. Mom took a deep breath and looked at me with her crystal blue eyes.

"I would like you to show Sting around your school."