Job Details

~Sting's P.O.V.~

"I...hate...trains.." I groaned, flopping off the train and on to the sweet sweet ground. Rogue did the same, falling right next to me.

"And to think you guys are the Twin Dragons of Sabertooth," Lector giggled.

"Fro thinks so too!" Frosch agreed.

"S-shut up.." we both muttered to our exceeds. After taking a deep breath, I jumped up with a bright smile.

"Yosh! Let's go capture a mage!" I said, pumping my fist into the air.

"Do you even know where we're going?" Rogue asked, raising an eyebrow.

"...Um..." I muttered, not really sure. Then, something hit me. "Oh yeah! The job request said that the mage lives in a forest named West Forest," I said, trying to act like I didn't forget.

"Okay, then do you know who is our requester?" Rogue asked. I looked at the sheet of paper.

"Well, it says there's this town called Kodai Town," I said, reading the paper. "It's near here, so let's get going!"

~Timeskip~

Once we had reached a small quaint village which I thought for sure was Kodai Town, we started searching for the address. Rogue finally found it and knocked on the door of the address on the request. He didn't trust me after the last job where I had actually broken the door from pounding it too hard. A young man with brown eyes and dirty blond hair opened the door after a couple seconds of knocking. "Hello," he greeted. "Are you the mages that accepted my job request?" We both nodded. "Good. Please, come in," he gestured for us to go in, so we did.

"Can you tell us more about this mage you want us to capture?" I asked. He nodded.

"This mage has been terrorizing us for some time," he started. "We didn't really have much problem with it until he or she stole something from my household."

"Wait, you don't know what gender the mage is?" I asked curiously. The man shook his head.

"He wears a cloak that prevent us from seeing anything but his mouth," the man explained.

"What did the mage steal from you and why such a big reward?" Rogue asked, giving me a glare. I questioned why, but just shrugged it off.

"It's a sort of..invention my father made," the man hesitantly said.

"What kind of invention?" Rogue asked.

"I honestly have no idea," he sighed. "You see, my father and I didn't really have the best relationship. He always pushed people away and worked on his weird inventions. One day he went out after saying some pretty horrible things to me, and I never saw him again." Rogue and I exchanged glances, but continued listening to him. "I was angry at him of course, but as the years went by...I felt sad and treasured anything he left, including the thing he stole from me. That's why I put such a big reward."

"Can you describe what it looks like?" I asked.

"Well, it was some kind of white powder, yet the bag it was in was really heavy for some reason," the man answered. "I tried figuring out what it does, but I couldn't." The man looked down to his clenched hands.

"Don't worry sir, we'll capture that mage for you," I said with a determined expression.

"Arigato," he said with a weak smile. We both nodded and were about to leave his house when we heard a small crash.  All three of us turned our attention to Lector, who was pulling on Frosch's tail.

          "You must not touch anything Frosch!" Lector scolded as he pulled harder.

           "But Fro wants to know what that is!" she said, her eyes sparkling at a small frog figurine at the top of a shelf. 

            "You musn't touch that Frosch, it's not yours!" Rogue got up from his seat and scooped his exceed up and into his arms.  I nervously chuckled and bowed to the man.

              "Uh, sorry, he..uh, she has a liking with frogs so.." I rubbed the back of my neck.  The man lightly chuckled.

                "It's alright, just capture that made for me," he said.

                 "We will, I assure you," I grinned.  We both once again thanked him for his hospitality and left his house, heading towards The West Forest.