Separated

~Sting's P.O.V.~

"This is getting scary," Lector shivered, hiding behind my back.

"What's getting scary?" I asked him.

"The forest looks kinda..gloomy," Lector quivered.

"All forests look gloomy when you go deeper don't they?" I chuckled.

"N-not like this.."

"Sting, are you sure this is the right way?" Rogue asked me.

"Well, this is definitely West Forest," I said, looking at the foliage around us.

"Yeah, but were there any directions to a specific area of this forest..?" I panicked a bit and looked at the paper, but there were none. I flipped it over, but it was still blank.

"...Hehehe?" I nervously chuckled, scratching the back of my head. Rogue and Lector facepalmed while Frosch just tilted her head at us.

"So, we're lost hai?" Lector sighed.

"W-we're not lost!" I insisted. "We just...don't know where we are?"

"Way to go Sting.." Rogue growled, rubbing his temples.

"It's not my fault!" I snapped. "You should've known too!"

"You're the one who has the job request and wanted to lead us," Rogue pointed out with an annoyed expression.

"S-so??" I stuttered. "You should've known that I would've gotten us lost!"

"Oh, so you acknowledge we're lost?" he smirked in triumph.

"Why you--!" We butted our heads together, ready to fight each other with our magic.

"Stop it please!" Lector said, trying to push me away.

"Fro thinks so too!" Frosch said, pushing Rogue.  We were just about to go all out when a voice interrupted us.

"So this is the Twin Dragons?" a voice chuckled. We both stopped and looked around.

"Who's there??" I growled. A cloaked figure stepped out of the shadows.

"Who are you?" Rogue growled, getting into a battle stance.

"That information is not important," the figure smirked. "But, I can tell you I'm the mage you're looking for."

"Thanks for the info," I smirked, white light envoloping my fist. "White Dragon's Punch!" I lunged towards the figure, but it just stepped to the right. I stumbled a bit. "Nani?" I said in disbelief.

"You're gonna have to do more than that," he smirked. He took ahold of my arms and twisted in behind my back. I yelped in pain.

"Sting!" Rogue called for me. "Let go of him!" I heard him suck his breath in and I braced myself for an attack. "Shadow Dragon's Roar!" The mage smirked and let go of me and jumped out of the way. I, however, am a different story.

"Sting/Sting-kun!" Lector and Rogue called out to me when I got hit by a blast of shadows.

"I-itay (ow)..." I winced. "God damn, you've gotten stronger Rogue."

"No time for compliments," Rogue said, helping me get up.

"He's right you know," he smirked. I scowled at the mage. He was starting to piss me off.

"Just who are you?!" I asked him again. He sighed and shook his head.

"You never learn do you Sting Eucliffe?" the voice sighed. "Oh well, does not matter." All of a sudden, the ground starting shaking and a huge crack formed between me and Rogue.

"What the--?!" Before I could finish, the ground suddenly crumbled underneath Rogue's feet.

"ROGUE!!" I yelled, trying to catch him, but he was too far down by the time I reached him.