"I got a call."

My phone starts ringing really loudly and it wakes me up.

"Ugh!" I said. Sitting up rubbing my eyes, and squinting as I see who it is.

It's my.. Dad?

"Hello?" I said.

"Sweet pea! I've missed you!" He said, sounding excited.

"I've missed you too!" I said. "How are you able to call me?" I said curiously.

"Oh, I have a surprise." He said.

"What is it?!" I said getting excited.

"Well..I'm in New York!" He said, sounding very excited.

"You're in New York?! Oh my gosh! How did you know that I was here?!" I asked.

"Well I called your mom, and then she told me how you were with this boy Austin in New York. At frist I thought that you have moved out, but then I forgot that you weren't old enough to move out yet." He laughed. "So instead of taking a plane back to Tennessee, I took one to New York." He said.

"Oh my gosh. Dad that's amazing! Are you coming to the hotel?" I asked.

"Come down to the lobby." He said.

"Oh my gosh! Okay!" I said. I hung up the phone and put my slippers on and ran down to the lobby.

The elevator opens, and there he is. I've missed his smile, and his laugh, I've missed my daddy. I start to tear up a little bit, and I run up to him. He giggles. He's in his uniform, he looks better than I expected him to look. I've missed him so much. I've missed seeing him and my mom sing together in the kitchen and cook breakfast for me. I haven't seen him, for almost a year and a half.

Do you know how hard that is? Especially when you are so attached to him?

"I've missed you so much." I said, crying tears of happiness.

"I've miss you too, sweet pea." He said, and I seen a tear run down his cheek.

"How has it been?" I asked.

"Tough. But worth it. Knowing that I'm helping the world by protecting them." He said smiling.

"Yeah, well I'm glad to hear about that." I said smiling.

"How about you?" He asked.

"I've been great." I said smiling.

"Good. I heard you had a new friend?" He asked.

"Yes." I laughed. "Austin." I said smiling, I feel myself starting to blush only because he doesn't know that Austin's my boyfriend.

"Is he famous?" He paused, "I mean your here in New York with him.." He said looking around.

"Well..yeah he is actually. He just got signed not to long ago." I said smiling.

"That's super cool." He said, looking amazed.

"Yeah. Would you like to meet him?" I asked.

"He wouldn't want to meet me." He said, shaking his head.

"No, Dad really." I said. "He wants to meet you." I finshed saying, smiling.

"Wait..do you guys, like, date?" He said raising an eyebrow. 

"Yes we do. He's a great guy. I'm sure you'll love him." I said smiling.

"Yeah, I'd like to meet him then." He said smiling.

"Okay. Stay right here, I need to make sure he's up." I said smiling.

"Okay." He said laughing.