Chapter 3

Chen Jingzong walked up to Hua Yang.

The height difference meant that Hua Yang’s face was facing his chest, which was exuding waves of warmth.

Even though this toned body belonged to her husband, Hua Yang still couldn’t watch it openly. Like the guards in her aunt’s house, she had to hang up a layer of thin veil to see.

She looked away, still holding the thin quilt wrapped around her body in one hand.

The quilt was white and embroidered with delicate dark patterns of peonies. When she wrapped it casually, it still conveyed the coolness and refinement of a fairy descending to earth.

Only her cheeks were still red, and a strand of hair on her temples was wet with sweat, slightly curled against her cheeks.

Chen Jingzong thought that this was when she was at her most delicate and approachable, like an ordinary girl instead of an arrogant princess.

“Why did you run down? You’re not afraid of the cold.”

His gaze swept across her pair of delicate white feet, and Chen Jingzong suddenly bent down and hugged her into his arms.

The way husband and wife get along, Chen Jingzong had always acted based on her face. If she didn’t want to see him, Chen Jingzong would never get close to her. If she showed a little bit of good face, Chen Jingzong would dare to push people to the bed. In short, he would not force her to have sex, but when he could take advantage, Chen Jingzong wouldn’t hold it in.

He was a mortal, not a monk.

Before falling asleep last night, she was angry because she bumped into a small snake, so Chen Jingzong took the initiative to sleep on the bed floor.

At night, she took the initiative to hug him, touched his face, and cooperated obediently. Chen Jingzong, who felt comfortable physically and mentally, was not willing to let the person next to his pillow catch a cold.

Hua Yang was in turmoil, sensing that Chen Jingzong was about to hug her back, she struggled slightly, supported his chest with one hand, and pointed out the window with the other: “It’s dawn.”

Chen Jingzong turned his head, his handsome face completely illuminated by the sunlight.

Misunderstood what she meant, Chen Jingzong chuckled and said, “I just carried you back, not come at you again.”

Hua Yang tried not to be distracted by him and looked at him inquiringly: “Aren’t you afraid?”

Chen Jingzong: “Afraid of what?”

Hua Yang was about to reveal his “ghost” identity when a sneeze suddenly came from the garden. Hua Yang looked over and saw the little maid Zhen’er standing outside the kitchen nervously covering her mouth. The senior maid Chao Yue, who had her back to her, it seemed that she was teaching Zhen’er a lesson.

Before they noticed this side, Hua Yang quickly raised her right leg and pressed her toes against the window to avoid exposing the indecent scene between herself and Chen Jingzong.

The fair and slender calves flashed before his eyes, and Chen Jingzong’s eyes darkened again.

It’s a pity that he really can’t do anything more.

Putting her on the Babu bed, he noticed the small movement of her quickly retracting her feet into the quilt, as if she didn’t want him to see it anymore. Chen Jingzong smiled and asked, “Should I help you change, or should I call the maids to come in?”

Hua Yang looked at him steadily: “If the maids come in, will you leave?”

Chen Jingzong looked strange: “You want me to stay?”