Chapter 16

Hua Yang woke up from her nap and learned that Chen Jingzong had been sent by father-in-law to inspect the back mountains to see if there were any signs of landslides in the mountains. He would then lead people to find a flat area to build some sheds in advance, in case the people in town needed to move, they could also have a place to rest from the rain.

Not long after, her mother-in-law, Sun shi, came in person and explained to her that the whole town had to prepare for flood avoidance. She also asked Siyi Hall to collect valuables in bamboo trunks. If it was convenient, they could carry it when they relocate, if it was inconvenient, it should also be moved to the table and tied up to prevent them from being flooded.

“Princess, don’t worry. We are just being prepared. There may not be a real flood.”

All of these were similar to her previous life.

Hua Yang knew the outcome, so she was not afraid, but Chao Yun and Chao Yue were different. The two maids who also grew up in the palace turned pale when they heard the word “flood”.

“Princess, why don’t we go to Lingzhou City to hide while we can still cross the river now?”

Chao Yun walked around the room several times like an ant on a hot pot. She was really not in the mood to pack, so she went to her master’s to make some suggestion. She was afraid of death, and even more afraid that something happened to the princess.

Hua Yang leaned on the couch, holding a storybook in her hand.

She had already read all the books she brought from the capital, and now she was reading the new books that Chen Jingzong bought over from other towns in exchange for his game a while ago. Most of them were shoddy works, such as a story of a family’s servant who save the young lady and became a son-in-law, or a scholar from a poor family who became a Zhuangyuan and marry a princess as a wife.

Hua Yang purely regarded these as jokes to pass the time.

Seeing that Chao Yue and Chao Yun were equally anxious, Hua Yang explained: “The town is just doing flood control, the flood may not come. If we leave now, the people will be panicked when they see, and panic will easily lead to chaos.”

Chao Yun asked in a low voice: “What if the flood really coming?”

Hua Yang smiled and said: “There is a mountain behind, no matter how big the flood is, it cannot be flooded. Cabinet Elder and the local people have rich experience. Let’s just follow their command and don’t cause trouble.”

Because her master was too calm, Chao Yun and Chao Yue seemed to find a pillar and gradually calmed down.

“Princess is truly amazing. The saying ‘even if Mount Tai collapses at the front, the face won’t change’ is exactly like you now.”

Chao Yun really admired her master.

Hua Yang smiled and said nothing.

In her previous life, she was more panicked than the two maids. Her father-in-law also suggested that she be sent quietly at dusk to live in Lingzhou City, forty miles away. But Hua Yang was so proud that she was afraid that the flood would not come and she would be laughed at by everyone in the Chen family, so she rejected her father-in-law’s kindness.

“Each person brings a change of clothes, shoes and socks, and toiletries. Move other valuables to the table in the east wing, lock the door and take away the key.”

Hua Yang instructed them how to pack.

Chao Yue asked in surprise: “How about the silver, banknotes, and jewelries?”