Chapter 7

Outside Siyi Hall, next to the corridor.

Chen Xiaozong stood with his hands behind his back, leaving Zhen’er with only the view of his back, eliminating any suspicion that he wanted to seduce the maid next to the princess.

Zhen’er secretly looked at the beautiful jade figure, and felt pity in her heart.

If prince consort was as gentle and polite as the third master, then princess and prince consort would definitely be in harmony with each other, instead of having a big quarrel every three days and a small quarrel every two days.

While she was thinking wildly, there were footsteps behind her. Zhen’er turned around and saw the prince consort who was also very handsome but always had a stern face, and hurriedly lowered her head.

For a cold-faced martial man like prince consort, only the Cabinet elder and their own princess dared to look down on him in the entire Chen mansion.

Chen Jingzong walked straight past the little maid.

When the two brothers met, Chen Xiaozong called him Fourth Brother with a smile, and then walked away.

Chen Jingzong was impatient: “Do you want something with me?”

His aura was intimidating, but Chen Xiaozong was not afraid, and joked in a low voice: “Nothing serious, I just smelled the smell of your fish in the front, so I came here to remind Fourth Brother. You also know that our father is the strictest. If he finds you eating meat during mourning, I’m afraid he will punish you to kneel in the ancestral hall.”

Chen Jingzong sneered: “Where did the fish smell come from? The best dish on the table just now was the scrambled eggs with wood ear.”

Chen Xiaozong didn’t smell the meat himself and only listened to what his wife said, so he tried to deceive his younger brother first.

Seeing his brother’s denial, Chen Xiaozong smiled and asked, “You really didn’t go to the mountains to catch some fish?”

Chen Jingzong pointed towards the courtyard with his hand and said unhappily: “Without this ancestor, I might really catch a few to satisfy my craving after a while. But she is here, and I don’t want to cause trouble for myself and give her another reason to dislike me.”

Chen Xiaozong immediately showed a sympathetic smile.

In fact, when the family got together, the princess still took care of his brother’s face and did not deliberately put on an attitude. However, if the relationship between the couple was not good, there would always be various clues, so how could the truth be hidden from anyone.

“Okay, since you’re fine here, I’ll go back and take a rest. I have to continue giving lectures to the children in the afternoon, it’s a headache.”

Chen Xiaozong didn’t ask any more questions and left with a smile.

In Fucui Hall, Luo Yuyan was lying sideways on the bed, not sleeping. When she saw her husband came back, she asked excitedly: “How is it?”

Chen Xiaozong shook his head: “Fourth Brother said they didn’t eat meat. What you smell may be the smell of scrambled eggs with wood ear.”

Luo Yuyan glared: “Can I not tell the difference between the smell of scrambled eggs and fried fish? You still don’t believe me, do you? Don’t forget, that year when you won the Tanhua’s title, you ran to drink with some flower girl, and deliberately changed your clothes, but I could smell of powder on your hair!”

Chen Xiaozong suddenly got a headache: “What drinking with flower girl? It’s my classmates who insisted on having a banquet and even ordered the singer on their own initiative. The singer fluttered her sleeves and scattered the makeup powder, and I got some on my body. I changed my clothes because I was afraid that you would misunderstand and be angry in vain. But you used it as irrefutable evidence to wrongly accuse me.”