Chapter 12

The Cabinet Elder Chen Tingjian called the male members of his family over and said that he wanted to open the east garden and the west garden.

He was the head of the family and no one objected.

After discussing the business, when Chen Tingshi was about to leave with his son, he found that his brother glanced at him again.

Chen Tingshi understood what his elder brother meant.

Back in the east house, Chen Tingshi took his son to the main room in their couple’s house and said with a stern face: “Kneel down!”

Chen Jizong was stunned.

If it was Qi shi who ordered, Chen Jizong might have knelt down, but his father had always been cowardly and had no temper, so Chen Jizong had never taken his own father too seriously.

“Okay, why do you want me to kneel down?” Chen Jizong touched his nose and asked.

When Qi shi heard the commotion, she walked out from inside and looked at the father and son suspiciously: “What’s going on?”

Chen Jizong walked to her side and raised his chin towards his father: “I didn’t do anything, but he suddenly asked me to kneel down.”

Qi shi glared at her husband.

Chen Tingshi became even angrier when he saw how protective she was, and said in a low and angry voice: “You have seen it this morning, right? How noble the Princess is, and she’s still his cousin-in-law, he actually dares to stare at her like that. Losing face in front of the nobleman, shouldn’t I teach him a lesson?”

At the mention of Hua Yang, Chen Jizong lowered his head, but there was only covetousness in his eyes, there was no repentance.

Princess or not, she had married into the Chen family, so she was just his cousin-in-law. Since they were relatives, why couldn’t he look at her more?

Qi shi said lightly: “It’s a bit losing face, but who made her look beautiful? We are all ignorant country people. Anyway, the Old Four also kicked him, so the princess should be able to understand.”

Chen Tingshi: “Being understanding or not is the princess’s matter. He must kneel down to me today, otherwise this dog can’t stop himself from eating shit and still dare to offend the princess next time!”

Qi shi: “Oh, you called your son a dog, then what are you? What are your Chen family’s men?”

She made it clear that she didn’t want to punish her son.

Chen Jizong took the opportunity to find an excuse to escape. Chen Tingshi wanted to catch his son, but Qi shi stopped him at the door of the room and looked at him coldly.

Chen Tingshi had no choice but to stop.

He looked at Qi shi who was two steps away.

More than twenty years had passed, and Qi shi seemed as beautiful as when they were young, but why the temper became like this?

Chen Tingshi still remembered the first time he met Qi shi, a fifteen or sixteen-year-old girl with skin as white as snow and a pretty face. She was always shy and timid when looking at him and spoke softly.

Qi shi’s family circumstance was not good, at least not as good as the families usually introduced to him by the matchmakers, but Chen Tingshi liked Qi shi and begged his mother to agree to the marriage.

Chen Tingshi still remembered their newlyweds. When he woke up from a dream and saw the beauty by his side, he felt that his life was good…

So was his mother’s reminder back then correct? Qi shi didn’t like him as a person, but as a younger brother of an official in the capital?