Chapter 26

After Chen Bozong won the title Zhuangyuan, he stayed in the Hanlin Academy for three years. Later, he worked in Dali Temple and dealt with various criminals and prison cases.

This time, Chen Tingjian still asked his eldest son to preside over the case.

Considering that the case involved a woman with unspeakable matters, Sun shi, Hua Yang, Chen Jingzong and others did not follow them, choosing to wait for the news in the front yard. Chen Jizong's wife Guo shi, who could not bear the damage to her reputation, ran back to the east house while crying. Sun shi hurriedly sent her eldest daughter-in-law Yu Xiu to comfort her, so that Guo shi wouldn't do something stupid.

Ancestral hall.

Chen Tingjian asked his eldest son to take the main seat, and he and his younger brother Chen Tingshi sat on the side.

Zhao shi, her husband and Chen Jizong were kneeling on the ground.

Zhao shi's words were filled with tears. Since she was assaulted by Chen Jizong, she had been suffering from nightmares every night. Later, her husband broke his leg because of this, and the couple's life became even worse, without the sweet love of the past.

They were afraid of the power of the Chen family and were ready to give up. Fortunately, Heaven had eyes and Cabinet Elder Chen was back!

Yesterday, Zhao shi went shopping for groceries and heard someone saying that Cabinet Elder Chen was secretly investigating whether Qi shi had committed other evil deeds and was planning to take this opportunity to clear her up. The fire of resentment that Zhao shi had suppressed for a year suddenly rekindled. After discussing it with her husband, she would rather ruin her reputation, rather accept the backbiting from her neighbors, and came to the Chen family to redress her grievances!

As soon as she finished her story, Chen Jizong retorted it, resolutely refusing to admit it.

Because the incident happened last year, the so-called scratches and bite marks on the body could not be used as evidence.

When Chen Bozong asked Zhao shi whether she had any other evidence, Chen Jizong's eyes flashed with pride. How could such a thing leave traces unless someone caught it on the spot?

Zhao shi cried and took out a bundle, which contained two broken jade pendants: "This is from the first time he came to my house. He dropped it when I resisted!"

Chen Jizong sneered: "I lost this jade pendant a long time ago. It turns out you picked it up because you coveted it."

Zhao shi: "You have a gray birthmark on your lower back the size of a copper coin!"

Chen Jizong: "I used to bathe in the river when I was a child. Your husband saw it and now you use it to slander me."

Zhao shi was so angry that she was shaking all over!

Chen Tingshi looked at his son and then at Zhao shi. The hands on his knees kept shaking. He didn't want to believe that his son had done something so cruel as a beast, but Zhao shi's tears and anger didn't really seem to be fake.

Just when Chen Jizong continued to insist that Zhao shi tried to slander him, Zhao shi looked at her husband and suddenly lowered her head, tears rolling down silently, her voice sad and desperate: "Cabinet Elder, there is a young servant named Liu Sheng next to Chen Jizong. When he first bullied me by the stream, Liu Sheng was his accomplice."

Her husband suddenly raised his head and rushed towards Chen Jizong with eyes wide open!

When Chen Jizong was about to fight back, Chen Tingjian slammed the table!