Chapter 6

The remaining fish soup was not wasted, including the fish head and meat, all fell into Chen Jingzong’s belly.

Having just made her cry, Chen Jingzong was a little embarrassed when he ate. He took her little spoon and scooped the food slowly, instead of holding the bowl and pouring it directly into his mouth like before.

Hua Yang sat across from him and continued writing letters home.

She did not hide anything, so Chen Jingzong openly watched her write. He saw that the first page she wrote was all about how his family took good care of her on the road, and the lines were full of satisfaction for them. The spoon in Chen Jingzong’s hand hit the corner of his mouth, and some soup was spilled down. He hurriedly dodged but luckily it didn’t fall on his clothes, but his movements were quite large, making him look clumsy.

Hua Yang glanced at him sideways.

The disgust was still there, but it didn’t have the usual hatred, more like criticism.

Chen Jingzong was tickled both body and mind by this look, but he promised her not to be so lustful, so he had to pretend that his heart was calm.

“You’re only reporting the good news and not the bad news?”

Putting down the spoon, Chen Jingzong guessed that this was the only way to explain why she had been resentful on the road, yet the narration she wrote seemed like a different person.

Hua Yang: “It’s just the truth. Apart from you, your family really cares about me. As for the poor conditions of the inn and the busy traffic, it is inevitable.”

Chen Jingzong: “Why apart from me? Where did I treat you badly?”

Before Hua Yang could settle old scores, Chao Yun’s voice came in: “Princess, Prince Consort, the old madam is here!”

The couple looked at each other, Hua Yang stood up and cleaned up the desk, while Chen Jingzong quickly hid the soup pot and other items… in the clean room.

Hua Yang:…

She would probably never use this set of utensils again.

When Chen Jingzong came out, she glared at him before walking out.

Sun shi was following Zhen’er into the yard, followed by her close maid, La Mei.

Sun shi was the wife of the cabinet elder, Chen Tingjian.

She was born in Lingzhou City. Her father was a teacher in the official school and was very knowledgeable. Chen Tingjian often visited her father before he met Sun shi and asked to marry her.

After her mother-in-law passed away, the daughter-in-law Sun shi wore white clothes and a sandalwood hairpin on her hair. She was dressed like an ordinary woman from a small town. However, she was beautiful when she was young, and later she followed Chen Tingjian as an official wife. Able to enjoy wealth and honor naturally her bearing was impressive, and she looked like a rich madam at first glance.

Siyi Hall was only separated from the main house by a corridor. Yesterday evening, Hua Yang was frightened by a snake screaming. Both Chen Tingjian and Sun shi heard it, and Sun shi rushed over to comfort her. Today she came over to take a look, very worried that the delicate daughter-in-law princess would fall ill from fear.

After inquiring with Zhen’er, Sun shi saw Hua Yang coming out of the central house, followed by her fourth child.

Her eyes swept over the faces of the young couple, Sun shi narrowed her eyes slightly.

Something doesn’t feel right!

The princess disliked the rudeness of the Old Four, and the Old Four also disliked the arrogance of the princess. The two disliked each other when they were together, but now they looked very harmonious!