Chapter 22

Hua Yang slept until dusk.

The body felt soft and numb, and the stomach was very hungry.

Chao Yun reported while hanging up the curtain: "Princess, Prince Consort went out to help the people drain water, and he hasn't come back yet."

Hua Yang: "When did he go?"

"In the morning, Prince Consort set off not long after you fell asleep. He was still wearing the same dirty clothes, and also ate outside at noon. I asked Zhen'er to inquire about it. Except for the Eldest Master who was interrogating the case in the east house, almost all the men in the family were taken out by the Old Master to do some work."

Hua Yang nodded. There were priorities. The old lady was gone, but there were still so many people outside who were homeless and unable to return.

"What did the kitchen make?"

"The meat from before is gone. Chao Yue has cooked red dates and longan porridge to replenish your energy and blood, as well as stewing bamboo shoot soup, and she's ready to fry two vegetarian dishes when you wake up. Princess, is there anything in particular you want to eat? The big kitchen has been steaming buns stuffed with vegetables all afternoon, each bigger than a fist. The family will eat a few and the rest is sent to the Old Master to distribute to the people affected by the disaster."

With the Chen family taking the lead, some wealthy households in town also donated some food.

Hua Yang's food in the small kitchen was enough, but Chen Jingzong had done strenuous work all day, and it was difficult to fill his stomach just by eating porridge and soup.

She said casually: "Go to the big kitchen and get two plates of steamed buns. One plate will be eaten tonight, the other will be fried and heat it up for Prince Consort tomorrow morning."

Chao Yun blinked and smiled: "Princess is starting to feel distress for Prince Consort."

Hua Yang:...

After getting up, Hua Yang went directly to the bathroom. The previous two nights were so difficult that she didn't have a chance to take a bath!

First, she sat outside and let Chao Yun rub it once, then rinsed it off, then Hua Yang stepped into the tub and took a comfortable bath.

While she was soaking, Chao Yun picked up the pile of used clothes and went outside to give them to Zhu'er.

Just after the two handed over, Chen Jingzong came back, covered in mud and even his face was rubbed with mud.

Chao Yun secretly sweated for the prince consort. Fortunately, the princess didn't see this appearance!

"The hot water has been heated in the water room. Prince Consort, would you like take a shower first?"

Chen Jingzong swept his eyes into at the central house.

Chao Yun pointed to the bathroom and said, "The princess had just woke up and is taking a bath."

Chen Jingzong paused and ordered: "Send the towel and clothes to the wing room."

After saying that, he turned around and walked to the water room to carry the water himself.

Chao Yun quickly went to the closet in the inner room to get the prince consort's change of clothes, and asked Zhu'er to take them to the wing room. When Zhu'er put away the clothes, she saw the prince consort coming in with a bucket of water in each hand.

The tall and big prince consort suddenly blocked the light at the door. His indifferent face was stained with mud. He looked very fierce.

Zhu'er was a little scared.