Chapter 30

The weather was getting colder, but the sun was shining brightly on the body, warm and cozy, and people didn't have to worry about getting tanned.

After the afternoon class, Wan Yi brought her three younger brothers to the garden.

Dalang and Erlang were both five years old, the former was just born earlier, and Sanlang was two years younger than his brothers. He was quite strong and tough at first glance.

The garden was small, Wan Yi could see the princess sitting at the stone table at a glance, and ran over happily: "Fourth Aunt, you are here too!"

Hua Yang looked at her niece with a smile.

Chen Bozong was steady and dignified, he was polite but unsmiling. Yu Xiu was cautious and seemed a bit dull. With such parents, Wan Yi nevertheless turned out to be well-behaved and very cheerful, like a warm little sun, very lovable.

"I'm here to enjoy the maples and bask in the sun. Being stuck in the house all day is not good for your health."

Hua Yang pointed to two maple trees covered with red leaves not far away. Of course she would not tell the children that she had just been walking around in circles and was trying to lose weight.

"Fourth Aunt sitting here is much more beautiful than the maple leaves." Wan Yi said sweetly.

Hua Yang pinched her little nose.

Sanlang was the youngest, and kept thinking about playing. He ran to the largest open space in the garden, jumped and urged his brothers and sister: "Come on, it will get dark soon!"

Wan Yi explained to the princess: "Sanlang wants to play skipping rope and has been pestering us for a long time."

Hua Yang noticed that Erlang was holding a long rope in his hand and smiled: "Go quickly, I'll watch you play here."

The children ran away.

Dalang and Erlang each held the end of the rope, letting Wan Yi and Sanlang to jump first.

Wan Yi had a light figure, while Sanlang was stocky and could jump quite high.

Hua Yang watched intently.

Chao Yun leaned over, "Princess, do you want to go and play? You also liked to play with these when you were a child."

And compared to walking in circles, skipping rope consumed more energy and much more fun.

Hua Yang was very tempted, and when Wan Yi ran over enthusiastically and invited her to play together, Hua Yang agreed.

Chao Yun called Zhen'er over and let them handle the rope.

Hua Yang and the four children kept running and jumping here and there. Sanlang tripped the most and his funny falls would cause a burst of laughter.

Chunhe Hall, where Chen Tingjian and Sun shi lived, was next to Siyi Hall.

Laughter came in waves. Chen Tingjian frowned, put down the book in his hand, and said to Sun shi who was sitting on the couch doing needlework: "Although the children have been out of mourning, it's not appropriate to laugh like that."

He was strict with his sons and the same with his grandchildren.

This strictness was deeply imprinted in his bones just like his knowledge. Sun shi knew that it could no longer be changed.

So she didn't speak for the children, only called her maid La Mei and told her to go talk to the children.

La Mei retreated and came back soon. After entering the house, she looked at Cabinet Elder, then at looked at Cabinet Elder Madam, and said embarrassedly: "Master, Madam, the princess was playing with the little masters. I only took a peek, and didn't dare to go there."