Chapter 33

As the Twelfth Month entered, officials from all over the country began to deliver memorials to the capital, firstly to report on this year's political achievements, and secondly to wish the emperor an early New Year's greeting.

In the study room, the finest silver frost charcoal was burning. Hua Yang wrote letters home to her father, mother, and brother. After she stopped writing, she rubbed her hands.

"Princess, please get up and take a walk. It will be warmer if you move around." Chao Yun said distressedly.

The windows in the ancestral house of the Chen family were all made of paper. If you open the windows in winter, the cold wind would blow in, but if you don't open it, the sunlight would not come in. It was not as good as the glazed windows used by the nobles in the capital. With the earth dragons burning in the house and the sunshine penetrated inside, it was warm and cozy even without burning charcoal.

Hua Yang held the hand stove and walked around the room. Seeing Chao Yun clearing the table, she said, "There's no rush. I have to write a letter to my aunt later."

The only person in the capital who could make Hua Yang call her aunt was Grand Princess Anle.

Emperor Jingshun had a total of four sisters, three of whom died early due to illness. Only Princess Anle survived safely.

Princess Anle was thirty years old, a full twenty years younger than Emperor Jingshun. Emperor Jingshun basically regarded her as his daughter. Although they were half-brothers and sisters, he rather doted on her.

Princess Anle got married at the age of seventeen and became a widow at the age of twenty. She was used to being willful and did not want to find another prince consort, nor did she want to live with lonely nights, so she gradually supported a few male pets.

A censor once complained to Emperor Jingshun about Princess Anle, believing that it was scandalous for a grand princess to indulge in male beauty, and hoped that Emperor Jingshun would come forward to reprimand her.

Emperor Jingshun was a very protective person. His sister just kept a few male pets to relieve her loneliness. They were harmless to the country, so why should he interfere?

Under the connivance of Emperor Jingshun, Princess Anle became the most carefree and happy woman in the entire capital and even the dynasty.

On top raising a few male pets, Princess Anle was also good at having fun. She liked Hua Yang and often brought all kinds of novel and interesting gifts to Hua Yang from outside the palace. The relationship between the aunt and niece thus became increasingly close. If it weren't for Empress Qi's restraint, Hua Yang would have wanted to live in her aunt's house for a while and have a lot of fun.

After sitting down again, Hua Yang looked at Chao Yun and asked her to go outside to guard the door.

She wanted to ask her aunt for advice on how to prevent pregnancy. This kind of content, it was best for even the maid not to see it.

After all four letters were written, they were put into envelopes and sealed with ink pad. Hua Yang ordered Chao Yun to send them to her father-in-law and wait to hand them over to the post messenger together.

In the second half of the month, Chen Jingzong suddenly remembered and asked her: "The New Year is coming, why don't you write letter to His Majesty and Niangniang to wish a happy New Year?"

Hua Yang: "I've written it. It's probably be in the capital by now."

Chen Jingzong looked at her indifferent face and asked, "Have you written to Grand Princess?"

Hua Yang glared at him, but did not deny it.

Chen Jingzong smiled, but felt a little regretful: "Since Grand Princess has a solution, before we leave the capital back then, you should go visit and get some advice."