Chapter 18

On the second night on the mountain, the rain obviously lightened up in the middle of the night.

When the sky got slightly brighter, there were only scattered light raindrops, not even drizzles, and people no longer needed an umbrella.

“It stop, it stop, thank God!”

The people cheered below, and everyone in the Chen family woke up one after another.

Chen Tingjian didn’t even bother with breakfast, he went down the mountain with most of his guards, not only to check the flood situation in town, but also to organize manpower to drain water and open the road.

There was also a boy servant from the Chen family who came back from exploring the road and reported to Sun shi: “Old madam, the terrain of our street is high, and water has only accumulated in the yards of several households, but it has not penetrated into the houses. Master said, let us stay on the mountain first. Later, after other people have gone down, then we can slowly move back.”

Sun shi asked with concern: “What about the rest of the town? Is the water deep?”

The servant: “This is not clear yet. Master has sent someone to investigate, but looking from the mountain, there shouldn’t be any big problems.”

Severe floods could submerge the roof, which was really despairing.

Sun shi nodded, looked at Hua Yang, and said to the people in the shed: “Then let’s wait a little longer. Right now the road down will be full of people, it’s so crowded that it’s not easy to walk.”

Hua Yang was very patient. At this moment, she only cared about Chen Jingzong.

Yesterday morning, when the couple were alone under the tree, she pretended to have the old lady came into her dream and told Chen Jingzong that there was a corrupt account book in the Qi shi‘s bundle. Chen Jingzong didn’t seem to believe her, but told her not to worry about it anymore, saying that he would find a way to verify it.

There were four maids around Hua Yang, it was impossible to directly threw herself to grab the Qi shi‘s luggage for no reason. It was also unrealistic to steal it in the middle of the night. She could only count on Chen Jingzong to take action. Anyway, everyone thought he was a rouge guy. If anything outrageous happened, it was normal for him.

The people were anxious to know the damage to their homes, so they were all eager to return home. The men walked at the front, and the women and children also walked quickly.

About an hour later, there were no other people on the road, and everyone in the Chen family began to go down the mountain.

It was still the boy servant who took the lead. They were accustomed to doing strenuous work and could carry bamboo trunks faster than the female masters.

Chen Jingzong came to carry Hua Yang again, deliberately walking at the end of the team.

Hua Yang glanced at the Qi shi not far away, leaned in his ear and asked, “How can you get her account book if you carry me?”

Chen Jingzong: “Don’t worry.”

Hua Yang looked at his handsome and careless profile. She couldn’t tell whether he was confident or not taking it seriously at all.

The mountain road was slippery and not easy to walk on. Except for Chen Jingzong, almost everyone in the team staggered, and some even fell.

Seeing that the mountain road was coming to an end and there was flat ground ahead, Chen Jingzong asked Hua Yang: “Later, you can take walk by yourself, is that okay?”