Chapter 39

Taehyung walked out of the bathroom holding Jungkook in his arms, who was wrapped up completely in a towel.

Jungkook watched silently as Taehyung gently made him stand over the carpet and removed his towel, then wiped him free of all the water with a new one.

He then proceeded to dress him up slowly and then blow-dried his hair.

Jungkook noticed the difference almost immediately. It wasn't like Taehyung wasn't like this everyday, it's just he was more serious today than ever.

He usually prefers it that Jungkook stays in his sight at all times but today something was different. He was tense.

And his actions showed how anxious he was. It was as if, if he didn't do all these things for Jungkook, something would happen to him, like it was a need more than a want.

So he let Taehyung do whatever he wanted, hoping that he would calm down soon.

"It's all dried up Taehyungie," Jungkook said softly looking at his boyfriend through the mirror in front of him when he saw that Taehyung was checking his hair to see if they were still wet. He was dressed up himself too.

But there it was, a flinch. As if Jungkook's soft voice startled him. He simply looked back at him, gave a small smile and leaned down to kiss the top of his head.

"Shall we, my prince?" He asked him gently looking into his eyes and Jungkook nodded standing up.

But as Taehyung turned around, Jungkook held his hand and made him sit on his chair.

Taehyung watched with a small smirk as Jungkook climbed over his lap and started drying his hair too just like he did with the prince.

"Don't forget about yourself Tae." Jungkook whispered as he focused on drying Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung tightened his arms around Jungkook's waist,
"You always come first, cub." He replied leaning forward to gently suck over his collarbone.

Jungkook sighed softly and pressed their cheeks together,
"Are you sure you're okay, Tae?"

Taehyung rubbed the back of Jungkook's head and rubbed their cheeks together trying to feel the warmth of Jungkook's body through the skin,
"Yes, just the stupid nightmare. I just can't get it out of my head, it felt so real."

Jungkook pouted and kissed his lips before he said,
"Am sure it was nothing. Plus weren't you the one who always says, to focus on the dreams and never on the nightmares?"

Taehyung nodded and stood up, he gently let Jungkook stand too before they started towards the door of their room holding their hands.

Taehyung opened the door, looked up and then slammed the door shut.

He put his back to the door and looked down at Jungkook with a frown,
"You saw me dismissing him right?"

Jungkook giggled putting a hand over his mouth and nodded.

Taehyung opened the door and groaned lowly looking at the smiling face of the person who was supposedly his new 'guard'.

Taehyung held his collar and inched close to his face before he hissed,
"I don't need a fucking guard. Am saying this for the last fucking time, get lost!"

The man simply smiled and stood completely still as if Taehyung's words had no effect on him whatsoever, which was new because everyone else would have relieved themselves of fear by now.