Chapter 14

Taehyung's heart felt like it was going to run out of his chest at the speed it was beating as he looked around the entire room.

He had both his hands wrapped around Jungkook behind him, keeping him close to his back as he surveyed the hundreds of people around them.

All of them had different expressions, some were shocked, some were disgusted, some were scared but as he looked closely, none of it seemed fake.

It annoyed him to not be able to find that one face that might be faking their expressions or hiding the smugness after the kill they just did.

And the worst part of it all was, what if there wasn't just one but more?

His breathing intensified, very low growls now leaving his lips every second he grew agitated.

Daniel was right behind Jungkook, keeping the prince safe from both sides. But it felt like it was still not enough for Taehyung.

It scared the shit out of him to see the man lying there, it was a guest, simply a guest not even an important asset for the king, a man who had no relations whatsoever and was just trying to enjoy his evening but fate had other plans for him.

Taehyung felt a warm small hand over his back and he took a deep breath just as the hand started moving up and down, slowly calming him.

Jungkook could feel it, the way Taehyung's body trembled with rage and fear at the same time, he was always so protective of him.

Taehyung would actually not be able to breathe properly until the danger was out of the room where the prince was, and it was shocking how it never occurred to Taehyung that the danger was for him too, all his mind revolved around one person.

His prince.

Who was trying his best to just keep him calm and make him aware of his presence and safety, that he was fine and right behind him.

It was funny to Jungkook how Taehyung could get so paranoid about something like that because he knew for a fact that nobody could harm him while he was right in the arms of his knight, the safest place to be.

Jungkook looked across the room, at his father who caught his eyes, both of them sighing in relief when they saw the other safe.

Almost a dozen guards stood around the king protecting him over the stage, no one else could leave, as per the Security Head's orders

Yoongi's entire team of guards was checking every single person in the room for any weapon that could have led to the killing.

While Yoongi himself stood in front of them, along with Jimin right at his side, keeping his husband safe as well.

Jin was just standing and talking with Hoseok when Namjoon pulled him by a harsh grip over his arm and pushed him towards a corner standing right in front of him keeping his distance but at the same time protecting him from all sides.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"

It took Jin a few moments to realise the situation but when he did, he stopped yelling at Namjoon who gave him no reply whatsoever and just kept looking around.

"We should leave," Daniel called out from behind Jungkook.

Taehyung gave a quick glance at him over his shoulder, intending to look at Daniel but his eyes caught Jungkook's face first and all the fear came rushing twice as hard,
"I believe we should too." He nodded, his eyes stuck on Jungkook's.

Jungkook shook his head,
"No! I know you both need to be here. I should go." Taehyung was about to retort but stopped when Jungkook stopped him by squeezing his hand.