1.

Sadie

Fuck. The first day of the new school year and I overslept. How could that happen? On the first fucking day of the school year? I'm such a dumbass for forgetting my alarm. Normally I need 30 minutes to get ready. When I'm in a hurry I can do it in 20. But now I only have 10 before my first lesson starts: Biology. I'm never going to be there in time.

I quickly grab some clothes out of my closet and put them on. I just put some books I think I might need in my bag and open my bedroom door. Here, on Bentmoor, we have pretty big rooms. 2 separate bedrooms, a bathroom, a little kitchen we almost never use, a couch and a table big enough for 4 persons.

Jane is sitting at that table right know, eating a bowl of cereal while scrolling on her phone. Jane is my bestfriend and roommate. I can tell her everything. She looks up when I greet her. 'Didn't you start at 8:30 today?' She looks at the clock above her on the wall. 8:28. Shit. 'Yes, I overslept.' I answer while grabbing an apple from the fridge. 'You and overslept in one sentence? You probably have the 'never been late' record.' Jane chuckles. 'I know, but I need to go now, bye Jane!' I say while leaving our room.

Walking down the hallway I look on my phone: 8.31. Fuck. I'm late on the first day of the school year. My last school year. I sigh and walk to the classroom where I have biology.

'Sadie Wellsford?' 'I'm here miss! Sorry I'm late, I overslept.' I say while entering the classroom. 'Take a seat,' The teacher scans the classroom for the only empty seat being next too...'Ah! Next to mr. Forben is an empty seat.' The teacher says. Fuck. Alex Forben, aka the most anoying asshole of this school. Also mine and Jane's neighbor. He used to date Amber, the most anoying slut from this school, but they broke up because she cheated with my ex, Blake. Long story short, we both broke up with the other. Alex stole my bag on the first day of high school and since then we hate eachother.

Angrily I take a seat next to him. 'Miss Perfect is late? How bad!' Alex says in a childish voice. 'Shut up!' I roll my eyes. 'Good to see you too.' He says sarcastically. 'Are you on your period or something.' He mutters just hard enough so I can hear it. 'What did you-' 'You two in the back! Can one of you repeat what I just said?' Miss Idon'tknowhername says, looking angry at us. 'Ehm.' I stare at the floor. 'Right. I said that the person you're sitting next to right now, is going to be your labpartner for the rest of the year.' My jaw is on the floor. 'Are you fucking kidding me?' Alex says. He is definitely thinking the same thing. How am I going to survive this school year with him as my labpartner?