2.

Sadie

Finally, the last bell of the first day of school. This day was hell. I'm still very pissed Alex is going to be my labpartner. He probably isn't going to do anything and then I need to do everything alone. And I don't really feel like doing that so he better does something.

 We just had history from Miss Densel. I pack my history books and want to leave the classroom when Miss Densel stops me. She has been my history teacher for years and is really kind. 'Sadie, can you stay for a minute please, I need to discuss something with you and..' She walks towards the door. and puts her head trough the frame, looking for someone. I wonder who that could be. 

'Alexander! Come back please.' She shouts at him. He probably was already at the end of the hallway, cause it takes a while for him to come back. I'm surprised he even came back in the first place. He doesn't care about school and often skips classes.

 Why Alex? Why the fuck does she need to discuss something with us? Is this about the labpartners thing? Did we do something wrong? I don't know, and honestly don't wanna know what she needs to discuss. This is the first day of school, we didn't have any arguments today. Or, maybe some during biology, but it isn't my fault that the person I hate the most on this whole school, maybe the whole earth, is going to be my labpartner for the rest of the year. Nobody's happy hearing that, right?

'Sadie and Alexander. Take a seat.' Densel says, pointing at the two chairs on the opposite of her desk. Densel is one of the few teachers who calls students by their first name. Most call them by their last. Alex sighs and drops his bag on the ground. He clearly doesn't know why he's here too. We both take a seat. When we sit, Densel clears her throat. 'Alexander, as you k-' 'Alex, call me Alex please.' He interups her. 'Right, Alex. I'm just getting straight to the point. ' She looks a little.. nervous? 'As you probably know your grades are not that good, unfortunately, if they don't get better you aren't going to graduate.'

Why the fuck am I here? This has nothing to do with me. I don't give a shit about Alex's grades. Why should I care if he doesn't graduate. Then I maybe never have to see him again, which is only a good thing. 

'Ehm, may I ask why I'm here if you want to talk about Alex's grades?' I ask as kindly as possible. Always stay kind. 'I wasn't done yet, Sadie, let me explain first. Where was I? Right,' She turns her head too Alex and continues her story. 'Ofcourse Bentmoor wants you to graduate, Alex, so we decided to help your grades get higher by giving you a tutor for subjects you find a bit more difficult. And that, Sadie, is why you are here. You are going to tutor Alexander, I mean Alex, for biology. I heard you guys are already labpartners from Miss Clave.' So that's her name, Clave. Densel smiles at me like she just gave me a hundred dollars. But this is like the opposite. It wasn't even a question, "Do you want to tutor Alex?" No, it was: "You are going to tutor Alex". I don't have a choice. Why don't I have a choice?

'She? Tutoring me? Are you fu-, I mean are you kidding me? Do you mean torturing?' Alex says a little bit too dramatic, pointing at me with his index finger like I'm an object, looking at Densel.

'Shut up Alex!' I shout back at him. 'Why? It's not my fault you are a living piece of shit.' Now he's going too far. 'Well, it's not my fault your grades are so bad you maybe aren't even graduating.' 'I fucking-' 'Alexander and Sadie!' Densel interups our "conversation". 'Stop arguing, you don't have a choice. Sadie is going to tutor you, no matter what you think of it.'

I sigh. I know Alex is trying hard to keep his mouth shut, to not swear at Miss Densel. 'Cause if he does that, he probably will be suspended. We both know we don't have any chance. Densel isn't going to change anything about it, we're arguing to the wall. She not the type to change things.

'That was all I wanted to mention, thank you for your time.  You will recive an e-mail with further information. You can go now.' Densel says with the fakest smile ever, as if she didn't just ruin our days, maybe rest of the school year. Alex immediately stands up and leaves the classroom. A few seconds later I also stand up. 'I'm sorry for my behaviour Miss, it won't happen again.' I know I didn't mean a word of what I just said. I try to smile but I think it looks more like a grimace. Then I grab my bag and leave the classroom. 

Please forget that I ever said I liked Densel.