Chapter 48: Angels and Demons

Austronesia Empire, Imperial Maharlika, Mindanao.

2000, 3, 1st Week, January

BOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Multiple movements that eyes couldn't even detect occurred simultaneously. In one moment, Demon Lord Andromalius and one of the highest-ranking angels known as the Seraph Empyrean were high in the sky. The next, they were on a lifeless field filled with countless craters.

This field had once been a vast forest, but the battle had only raged for less than a minute.

After avoiding another world-ending slash, Andromalius clenched his right hand into a tight fist. The space around his fist twisted with strong gravitational force, and he punched out.

The Seraph Empyrean was several kilometers away from him, but the punch arrived instantly, almost as if by teleportation.

Despite such speed, her body flickered, and she ducked to the side, letting the punch smash on a large mountain behind her instead.

"Dear Lord."

Looking through the binoculars one of the Black Armor soldiers' eyes popped out from the resulting impact of the punch.

Instead of exploding, the mountain vanished! It was like the fist from the Demon Lord was a black hole, devouring the entire structure and leaving no trace of its existence.

BOOOOOM!

At the very same instant, the vanished mountain erupted from the impact of Andromalius's fist, breaking into the form of pieces that raged through the air like meteors and smashed into the ground, sending a mass of dirt up.

Andromalius was using his spatial attribute, one of his domains, the gravity domain, a power that allowed him to skillfully manipulate gravity more skillfully than even Conquest. He moved those broken pieces to attack the Angel.

But his punch missed, and the Seraph's greatsword sliced through the air from behind, aiming for his waist.

Sensing the attack, Andromalius somersaulted. His wings swept under his somersaulting body, and in mid-somersault, he waved his hand towards his opponent.

Whoosh~!

Multiple flashes of light mix of black and crimson emerged from his palm and condensed into energy spears. With a shrill shriek, they tore through the air and heavily slammed into the Seraph's chest, giving her no time to dodge.

BANG!

She was sent crashing down, creating a massive crater and decimating everything within it entirely.

Andromalius smiled as he saw the Angel coughing golden blood. 

"I have a question. Why didn't your creator even intervene in any of the worlds we've invaded?" Andromalius asked with a devilish grin, "But now, as a result, those worlds were filled with pulsing hearts of these living creatures... and their screams... the sound of their demise... is like music to my ears."

Ignoring his question, the injured figure of his enemy disappeared, and she reappeared in front of him.

The Seraph flew out a roar and punched his chest with her slender fist covered in divine energy. This energy tore through his defenses, then blew open like cobwebs and ripped through his internals, trying to claw their way out of the other side of his body.

Swoosh~!

A dazzling golden glow erupted out of her body and overpowered the violent energy inside Andromalius' body. Recovering in a second from the time he crashed, the Demon Lord rose and shot straight at the Seraph.