Chapter 33: Goddess Blessing

Austronesian Empire, Imperial Majapahit, Aceh, Banda Aceh, Dock Of Aceh

First Year Of God, Second Day, First Week, First Month

Melian stepped down the iron plank, or so she thought it was. From the looks of it, it looked more like a movable dock. The ingenuity of it utterly amazed her. She touched the railings and noticed they were made of pure metal. With these railings, nobody would ever fall off the ship while disembarking. She was speechless with all the cleverness that she had found while traveling with these humans, things that would never be found, unless you thought of it hard enough.

She moved forward, realizing she was blocking the way. But with all these kinds of damages to the human nation, she couldn't believe that they could still persevere despite all kinds of adversaries.

For the past few hours, she had been mulling over the notion that the human nation didn't come from this world but from another. That's all because no matter how hard she researched and tried to remember, there was no such land southwest of their nation as it is only nothing but a vast expanse of ocean infested with dangerous sea monsters.

It is too much of a coincidence, because of the fact that the court magicians discover an anomaly beside their country, which could either cause chaos or lead to a rebirth for her nation. It could only mean one thing, and that is the gods were on the move.

As far as she could remember from reading history books, humans didn't originally come from this world. Rather, they were sent here by a foreign god 10,000 years ago. The races of the past accepted them beforehand, but this proved to be their greatest miscalculation, because they didn't realize that humans were manaless.

By the time they understood the implications, it was too late, that's because the humans had already reproduced and mingled with the other races, which resulted in diluting the pure mana pool of the races. At that time, the races were divided on how to deal with the humans, some called for integration, while others advocated for apartheid.

We could all guess what happened to those who integrated with the humans. Soon after, their mana pool became lower and lower until most of their kind became manaless. One example is the beastmen race. They loved humans so much that their race went extinct, and their descendants became known as demihumans.

When the integrationists eventually disappeared, the apartheid factions immediately made the humans and the manaless as slaves. Because in this world, those with power rules. Though sometimes, there are humans who were taken in by those with mana to share their lineage, but such occurrences were rare, like finding a speck of gold in the desert.

Furthermore, humans were like the perfect slaves for the apartheids. That is because of the fact that they reproduce too fast and especially the human females, known for their beauty, were highly valued as sex slaves.

If the foreign god transported a human nation here, then that could mean one thing, and that is the foreign god is moving. It must be fuming with anger at how the Apartheid abused the humans and the manaless.

The humans that were sent here from those times had a backwards society of tribalism. But what would happen to the world as of now, if a human nation that is technologically advanced out of all the nations, came here and saw all the misdeeds that's been happening to their fellow kind?

The reactions would definitely be not too good. It might even be extremely violent.

"But I, as the monarch of my nation, must establish a good relationship with them," Melian thought to herself. "The power I've seen from these humans is just the surface, and I sense they possess a power that even the combined might of many strong mages, even those who could split mountains, could not dent. After all, mages are individuals, we can't break something so tightly unified. These humans have the power of ingenuity and intellect. They can't be easily destroyed. Mages manipulate the surroundings but don't truly understand how things work, because they bend existing laws by manipulating mana. What would happen if someone fought them using the very laws that even mages can't fully comprehend? What does truly transpire before our eyes? Considering how technologically advanced this country is, I must believe they have more surprises in store."