20

In the girls' room, silence hung in the air as they both lay on their beds, staring at the ceiling and trying to sleep.

"Yuna... are you sleeping?" Soyeon whispered.

Yuna hummed in response, signaling she was awake.

"I thought you were sleepy," Yuna said softly.

"I was, but I can't sleep," Soyeon admitted. "This feels scary. Maybe I'm not ready for all this."

Yuna sat up, looking at her friend, hoping she would do the same.

"No, don't say that," Yuna reassured her. "I know it's scary, but you're not alone. You have me, Joon, and Minho. You have Heejin, and Seventeen seems more than happy to help us."

Soyeon felt a bit better hearing Yuna's words, but the anxiety lingered. It was something they had only dreamed about, and now it was about to become reality.

Yuna patted her bed. "Do you want to sleep with me tonight?"

Soyeon nodded quickly and ran to Yuna like a small child seeking comfort from her mother. The bed was big enough for both of them. They lay down and started cuddling, Yuna gently patting Soyeon's hair to relax her.

"I found him," Yuna whispered.

Soyeon's eyes, which had been closing, opened again. "Who?" she asked sleepily.

"The mysterious guy from the nightclub," Yuna revealed.

Soyeon was now wide awake. "Omg, where? How? You didn't leave the Pledis building all day!"

Then she made the connection and almost screamed. "Omg, it's one of Seventeen members?"

Yuna laughed, trying to calm her down. "Shhh, you'll wake up the whole building."

"So?" Soyeon said, quieter now but full of curiosity.

"I won't tell you who he is," Yuna said playfully.

"What? Now how am I supposed to sleep?" Soyeon asked, disappointed.

Yuna laughed as she tried to calm Soyeon down and put her to sleep again despite her protests.

Yuna, however, couldn't sleep. She lay down with her eyes closed beside Soyeon but couldn't fall asleep. She knew she would regret this tomorrow, but she had too many thoughts in her head. She felt a heavy pressure. She was always leading the group, but she couldn't hide how scared she also was. In moments like this, she missed her dad. When she felt like this, he was always there for her. They would eat ice cream together to melt the worries away, but now that he wasn't there anymore, she had to do it alone.

Slowly, trying not to wake up Soyeon, she stood up and went to the kitchen. The floor was unfamiliar, and she felt uncomfortable in this big building.

Arriving at the kitchen, she really hoped to find some ice cream. Unfortunately, there wasn't any. Disappointed, she started to think about solutions, she wanted ice cream. Nothing else in that moment would have made her feel better. She was ready to go out this late at night to buy some. On her way to the stairs, because she didn't want to take the elevator for fear of getting caught, she crashed into someone.

"Shit," she said under her breath.

"Yuna?" a deep, familiar voice said.

As she looked up, she saw Woozi. She felt relieved to see him and smiled.

"What are you doing?" Woozi asked.

"I was trying to sneak out to buy ice cream," Yuna said, a bit ashamed of herself but unable to hide her excitement to see Woozi again.

"At this hour? You should go to sleep," Woozi said, chuckling. He thought it was cute; she looked like a little girl caught doing something she shouldn't have done and was acting all innocent.

"You aren't sleeping either?" Yuna said, looking at him with a smile.

Woozi didn't know what to say. Telling her she was the reason he couldn't sleep because he was too excited about her finally joining his entertainment, or because she said she was glad it was him that night, was perhaps too much and too early. Before he could find the words, she said, "That's what I thought," with a sly smile.

"Come with me," she said, extending her hand. Woozi looked confused, not knowing what she meant or had in mind.

"I'm not going to ask again," she said as Woozi still looked from her hand to her. Then he grabbed it. Of course, he did. He knew how much he would have regretted not following her.