13

Scoups stopped him. "Don't. I know this place is really Idol-friendly but if someone recognizes us, it won't be any good."

"Sorry, Woozi. I'll help you get to her later, we'll be in big trouble if someone recognizes us here," Scoups added.

He felt conflicted for having to stop Woozi, but they couldn't afford to forget their identity as idols. Scandals of any kind could potentially ruin their careers. As the leader, he knew he had to prioritize the group's well-being

"I wasn't trying to do anything," Woozi said understanding, trying to hide his disappointment.

Yuna went back to her friends, and they enjoyed the night. Woozi tried to enjoy the night too, but the thought of her being in the same place as him and not being able to talk to her drove him crazy.

"I'll be right back," he said, stepping away.

"He's not going to talk to her, is he?" Hoshi asked.

"I doubt it," Jeonghan replied.

Woozi stepped out of the club, needing some fresh air. He sat on a bench in front of the club, trying to get his thoughts straight.

Yuna didn't mention the strange guys she saw earlier to her friends. She didn't think she had to worry. She wasn't scared; in fact, one of them caught her eye. She would occasionally look over at the group to see the guy again, but he was suddenly nowhere to be seen. Heejin noticed something.

"Did someone catch your eye?" Heejin asked.

"It's nothing," Yuna replied.

"I'll step out for some fresh air. I'll be right back," Yuna said.

As Yuna stepped out into the cool night air, her eyes immediately fell on the figure sitting alone on a bench. It was him—the guy who had caught her attention earlier in the club, the one she had been searching for. Excitement and nerves mingled as she gathered her courage to approach him.

"Hi," Yuna called out softly.

Woozi glanced up, surprised and pleased to see her coming towards him. However, despite his inner happiness, he couldn't shake off Scoups' warning from earlier. He knew the risks of being recognized. He greeted her warmly but kept a noticeable distance.

"Hey," Woozi replied, his tone guarded.

Yuna sensed his reservation immediately, and a pang of disappointment washed over her. She had hoped they would connect more naturally outside the club, away from the noise and distractions. But now, faced with his distant demeanor, she felt a sense of sadness. Was she the only one who had felt that spark when their eyes met earlier?

Undeterred, Yuna tried to keep the conversation going.

"I saw you inside the club earlier. You were really into the music," she said, hoping to break through his shell.

Woozi nodded, offering a small smile. "Yeah, I enjoy good music."

They sat in a somewhat awkward silence, both unsure of how to proceed. Yuna wanted to know more about him, about what brought him here, but Woozi seemed hesitant to share.

After a moment, Yuna gathered her courage again.

"It's nice to meet you outside. I'm glad I ran into you again," she said earnestly.

Woozi nodded, appreciating her effort but still guarded in his responses.

"Yeah, me too."

Realizing that he might need more space, Yuna decided not to push further. She bid him a friendly goodbye and returned to her friends, her heart still lingering with the hope that maybe, just maybe, they would meet again under different circumstances. Woozi watched her leave, conflicted by his desire to connect with her and his need to protect their identities.

As Yuna rejoined her friends inside the club, she couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more between them, something unspoken yet palpable. And as Woozi remained on the bench, watching her disappear into the crowd, he couldn't help but wonder if he had missed out a chance.